What's new

good beach harness

urdaboss

Full Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2009
Messages
155
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i am 6'1" at 260 lbs. i am looking for a beach harness for my excalibur. what are you guys using?
after about an hour my arm fell off and need to find it! i am old, retired, and out of shape but do love metal detecting!
i looked at kellyco and did not feel that theres fit all that well.
maybe the control hip mount is a way to go. thanks, jack (urdaboss)
 
Upvote 0
They make a belt so you can hip mount it. That way the weight is around your waist. Or you could try using suspenders I saw a guy using these one day. But I perfer the hip.
 
urdaboss said:
i am 6'1" at 260 lbs. i am looking for a beach harness for my excalibur. what are you guys using?
after about an hour my arm fell off and need to find it! i am old, retired, and out of shape but do love metal detecting!
i looked at kellyco and did not feel that theres fit all that well.
maybe the control hip mount is a way to go. thanks, jack (urdaboss)

Jack, get a straight shaft, that will help a great deal to begin with. I use the one from Kellyco myself, for me it works great, but I am a little "lighter". There is too much stress on the cables for me when I am wearing it on my waist, was better on my neck, but got tired of the extra weight on my neck.
 
i will try the straight shaft. thanks, jack
 
I use the Anderson Over/Under shaft with Excalibur II. It has made a world of difference and keeps the controls conveniently located. Also I heard about something called SWINGY THINGY that is supposed to help with the weight of a detector - you may want to check into that as well.
 
Tony in FL said:
I use the Anderson Over/Under shaft with Excalibur II. It has made a world of difference and keeps the controls conveniently located. Also I heard about something called SWINGY THINGY that is supposed to help with the weight of a detector - you may want to check into that as well.

Most of the Anderson Shafts I have seen are too short for a tall man, they are too short for me and I am only 5'10". I like a coil that is out in front of me, not right at my feet.
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
Tony in FL said:
I use the Anderson Over/Under shaft with Excalibur II. It has made a world of difference and keeps the controls conveniently located. Also I heard about something called SWINGY THINGY that is supposed to help with the weight of a detector - you may want to check into that as well.

Most of the Anderson Shafts I have seen are too short for a tall man, they are too short for me and I am only 5'10". I like a coil that is out in front of me, not right at my feet.

I am almost 5'11" and so far I like the over/under, although I may already be at the full extension limit.
 
Tony in FL said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Tony in FL said:
I use the Anderson Over/Under shaft with Excalibur II. It has made a world of difference and keeps the controls conveniently located. Also I heard about something called SWINGY THINGY that is supposed to help with the weight of a detector - you may want to check into that as well.

Most of the Anderson Shafts I have seen are too short for a tall man, they are too short for me and I am only 5'10". I like a coil that is out in front of me, not right at my feet.

I am almost 5'11" and so far I like the over/under, although I may already be at the full extension limit.

I can work with it, I just would not like it. Having used a Florida Straight Shaft, then a home made shaft based on FSS only a little longer, both are a lot longer then Andersons. I am use to having my coil out in front farther, if I had not used the others Andersons may not have bothered me.
 
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,330042.0.html

u can buy a dive belt and burn a few holes with soldiering iron........clip into place

sometimes i chest mount mine and other times i wear in the center of my back

i have bought 1" nylon belting and made mine.............glued together and had a shoe shop sew up

examples......................F Y I only
.
.
.
harn1.jpg

.
.
harn2.jpg

.
.
chestmountedexcal.jpg

.
.
EXCALSTRAP4.jpg

.
.
harness1.jpg

.
.

EXCALONBACK-1.jpg

.
.
.
NOW HERE IS A NICE SET UP.............FELLOWS WIFE SEWED THIS HARNESS TOGETHER FOR HIM.............can u find the dive knife??
.
.
rdiharness5.jpg

rdiharness4.jpg

rdiharness3.jpg

rdiharness2.jpg

rdiharness1.jpg

.
.
good luck...........keep us in the loop
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom