Good gold in sand

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been diggin plain sand out of this spot for 2 days and it has done well...Not often do pay any attention to sand but by a fluke I happened on a nice little spot where the sand is averaging a good gold content..Had to run my sluice slow to get all that dust a few tenth of a gram peices came out but nothing ever bigger..But who am I to complain gives me some easy diggin for at least one more day.....

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM - There was a big sand bar next bend up from where we were digging. One day this kid shows up carrying home made wooden sluice box, nr. 2 shovel,
gold pan, and basic camping gear. We told him knock yourself out on that sand bar. He was the quiet type, a loner, never came into our camp to BS. He
stopped by to say goodbye about 40 days later and showed us 2 vials of 2 oz. each (4 ounces total!) and quietly headed downriver.

matthews1026

Jan 1, 2013
Elverta, CA
I've got a question...might be stupid but a few months back me and my brother were at yankkee jims a bit up river and this one area I noticed a lot of black sand right on the top of well blonde sand and you could see where a trail od the black sand and how the water took it....I took a couple of test pans and 2 specks was all I got so I moved on...is it worth while to explore that more if I see it again?

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dig baby dig remember the gold is going to fall out of the black sand through the blonde sand and on down. You might even find a layer of black sand below the blonde with a bunch of gold in it. Now there's a question, why does the gold seem to get trapped in the black sand, hmmm?

Gramps

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions