What's new

Good luck with 2 bags of dimes (Insert haircut reference here)

Fropa

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
511
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Last Friday I bought a $1,000 bag of dimes at the Credit Union I work at. I found 9 silver Roosevelts and 11 Canadian. Happy with those results I stopped at a bank that lets me buy their counting machine bags when they have them. I bought a $500 bag of quarters, $500 bag of dimes, and a $100 bag of nickels. The quarters were a skunk but I found a few Territory and America the Beautiful quarters for the albums. The nickels had a 1943-P war nickel and 35 pre-1960 Jeffersons. Dimes continued to be good to me. The second handfull out of the bag had a 1928 Mercury. in the end I found 4 Mercuries (1928, 1941, 1943, and 1944), 2 1964-D Roosevelts, and a 1966 80% Canadian. I also had my oldest dime find so far, a 1903 Barber! My oldest before this was a 1906 Barber about 3 years ago.

02DEC10_Dime_Total_Obv.jpg

02DEC10_Dime_Total_Rev.jpg

02DEC10_1903Barber_Dime_Obv.jpg

02DEC10_1903Barber_Dime_Rev.jpg


Halves have not been stellar. Last weeks box was a SKUNK and this weeks box had a 1966 and a 1975 50 Pesetas from Spain.
 
Upvote 0
Great score on the barber still looking for one ahppy hunting .RON
 
Good score Fropa, love the pics :thumbsup:
HH...Miner
 
Wow, nice find, and awesome pics.
 
Awesome score there! I need to get back in the game. :occasion14:
 
You found some nice oldies there! Just wondering though, you mentioned that you were happy with the Canadian dimes. Are you collecting them? I consider them to be worthless slugs, as I always get many, and they are hard to get rid of. Just the other day i mistakenly used ten in my change at the bank, the head teller copped a 'tude and asked me if I had any US $, and threw the canadians right back at me.
Congrats on the old Barber, hard to get! ffd
 
Excellent finds there Fropa !

Your Barber looks like it may have a mint mark, looks like it could even be an "S". At just over 600K minted; that would be a nice feather in your cap.

Can you confirm ?
 
fistfulladirt said:
You found some nice oldies there! Just wondering though, you mentioned that you were happy with the Canadian dimes. Are you collecting them? I consider them to be worthless slugs, as I always get many, and they are hard to get rid of. Just the other day i mistakenly used ten in my change at the bank, the head teller copped a 'tude and asked me if I had any US $, and threw the canadians right back at me.
Congrats on the old Barber, hard to get! ffd

Seriously, the teller had a problem with them here in Michigan? I get a Canadian in about every other roll of cents, nickles and dimes. Once of the things I enjoy the most about doing halves is not getting Canadians. I just put the Canadian coins back in the rolls with the clad and take them to the dump bank.
 
Man that is awesome..Think i might try out some dimes today......
 
JT10 said:
fistfulladirt said:
You found some nice oldies there! Just wondering though, you mentioned that you were happy with the Canadian dimes. Are you collecting them? I consider them to be worthless slugs, as I always get many, and they are hard to get rid of. Just the other day i mistakenly used ten in my change at the bank, the head teller copped a 'tude and asked me if I had any US $, and threw the canadians right back at me.
Congrats on the old Barber, hard to get! ffd

Seriously, the teller had a problem with them here in Michigan? I get a Canadian in about every other roll of cents, nickles and dimes. Once of the things I enjoy the most about doing halves is not getting Canadians. I just put the Canadian coins back in the rolls with the clad and take them to the dump bank.
Wish I could, but they don't accept rolled coin.
 
Thanks everybody.

fistfulladirt - my wording wasn't good there. I don't like finding Canadian coins but keep track of them on my spreadsheet so mentioned them. I've got a plastic bowel full of them and wish I knew of a counting machine without the magnet on it. I may try to talk my head teller into letting my dump them in our counting machine.

thurmonator - I hadn't noticed but I can see what your saying about a possible mint mark. I'll put it back under the microscope and take a closer look and let you know.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom