What's new

Good Thursday Afternoon Hunt

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
I found these this afternoon in two adjacent fields. One is planted in green beans and the other is not planted in anything.





This one is heavily beveled.














This one is a real heartbreaker. What was showing in the field was perfect.


 
Upvote 0
you have a strange spot to me,some look normal, and some look like a giant did them.i know all are real but they just jump all over the time periods too,but that is just me and from what i am trying to see,can you tell me what was going on there?
 
you have a strange spot to me,some look normal, and some look like a giant did them.i know all are real but they just jump all over the time periods too,but that is just me and from what i am trying to see,can you tell me what was going on there?

I have some fields that were inhabited by Indians for thousands of years, not just one time period.
 
Land of giants! I like that. But Jamey is right in that the areas you hunt has some pretty amazing material and they did make fairly large blades. Plus the many types with the left or right hand beveling. Always very interesting . I could go on about the bullseye pieces and cherts. I have always admired my frame from Early and Blakely Co. They are humble pieces compared to what you find near you.
 
I get a chuckle out of your post title "Good Thursday Afternoon Hunt". I haven't seen a bad hunt from you since I have been on this forum.
 
Americus,
I don't always comment on your finds, but they are all good. Glad you have so many fields to hunt. Thanks for always showing.
 
Good job again. Im picking up more new fields every week. I got another one to hunt in a couple of weeks. Its going to be a fun yr for me. Maybe I will find a good one like you do.
 
I get a chuckle out of your post title "Good Thursday Afternoon Hunt". I haven't seen a bad hunt from you since I have been on this forum.

That is because I don't post when I have a bad hunt!
 
Nice finds anytime you can get out is a good hunt .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom