What's new

Good trip back to the rents

daveg13

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2008
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Good trip back to the 'rents

I was back at the parents for the holiday, and hit the local banks on Friday. Halves were much more available then they are around here. Went into many banks, some didn't have any, some had lots, but I managed to pick up $330 total in rolls. Could have got more if I had more cash. Total haul was 4-40% and 1-90%. The funny thing was I got 4 of those from the rolls that the teller told me there was no silver in them. :) Next trip I'll take a bigger amount of $$$ and hit every bank around.
Here's a pic.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3125.webp
    IMG_3125.webp
    15 KB · Views: 318
Upvote 0
Re: Good trip back to the 'rents

Nice score!!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Good trip back to the 'rents

You did better than I did on the vacation coin hunt. :)
 
Re: Good trip back to the 'rents

Good thing you didn't listen to the teller!


Chris
 
Re: Good trip back to the 'rents

I can't believe tellers will flat our lie like that!! I have been told that several times and stupid me, I believed them and left the half dollars there.

-golden silver
 
Re: Good trip back to the 'rents

i can't tell you how many times i've been told there was no silver and found some 40%ers anyway....some people either don't know or don't consider them to be silver...i pick up all halfs no matter what
 
Re: Good trip back to the 'rents

planning my first road trip soon. going to take 1500.00 with me, if i get that many in rolls, or loose i will have to search and dump before i can complete. i am going to a city with 70 banks, hope to hit them all.
 
Re: Good trip back to the 'rents

mistergee said:
i can't tell you how many times i've been told there was no silver and found some 40%ers anyway....some people either don't know or don't consider them to be silver...i pick up all halfs no matter what

A lot don't know. I didn't until last year.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom