Goodwill Jewelry

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought a Goodwill jewelry jar for about $30 about 2-3 weeks ago and did okay with it. But there was a pair of handmade earrings that looked like gold but also looked like cheap metal except for the pearls in the center. I put them to the side to take them to my scrap gold place for X-ray. Forgot about them until this week when I bought a new jar from Goodwill that was just put out. Decent jar for $50 with several costume pieces that will at least double my money. I bought the jar in part because it had an old looking pin/brooch peeking out. It turns out...the brooch is the matching piece with the earrings I bought weeks ago. Had them tested today and the scrap guys are like "Put it on eBay! It's old. And 18K!". When I walked they said "You are the luckiest guy! What do you have today?" I told them that I had not been lucky in at least two weeks and sold only two items on eBay this week! Then they tested the pieces and they were right! I AM lucky! I just need to parlay that luck into a winning Powerball ticket! The set weighs 20.4 grams. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479498316.445067.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice pieces. It was awesome that you can complete to set.

rue44902

Nov 19, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife used to work at Goodwill, she said they put some good things in those jars, but the best jewlery gets sent to the main office in Akron for auction unless something gets mistakenly identified !:occasion14:

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pulled almost the exact same flower pin, slightly different closure style. No mark on it. I think mine acid tested at 14K, but it sure was chunky. Great find. Absolutely nothing better than unmarked gold and silver from a thrift store that doesn't know what from what... :)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the very nice gold pieces! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions