google earth even better

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
So i am at work today... no metal detecting for me. I was researching tuesdays outing to golden gate park in the city... I came across something very interesting.

Google earth has a new version...

with in the new version is a david rumsey map collection that overlays on the current google earth image. you can zoom in and see what was there, then turn the map off and see whats there now.. Its pretty amazing..

I found some new hunting ground that looks promising.. good luck. have fun with it.

Upvote 0
oohhhhh.... ty for the info !! i've been hoping to see a spot with no leaves on the trees.....

Gribnitz said:
What version number has the maps with it ? Is it the free version ?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

-Buckleboy

Gribnitz said:
What version number has the maps with it ? Is it the free version ?
Great info. I would love to use it. I was wondering if it was free also.

yes it is the free version - the newest one

below are a few images

Attachments

• sample1.jpg
    sample1.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 499
  • sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 473
Thanks for the inf FD, this should make things a lot more interesting!!!!!
Happy Hunting All

Desertfox

Yea, maybe you could give us a www link so we can just jump to the download page that would be nice.

Thank you,
Keep @ it and HH!!

I started rummaging around with Google Earth - if you go to the sidebar thing on the left, it's in the bottom section.

Look for "Featured content" and click on the little plus sign next to that. Then scroll down and you'll see "Rumsey Historical Maps" (United States 1833 is really cool. Really really cool!)

HH
Nan
(should I post this in X marks the spot thread, too?)

roswellborn said:
I started rummaging around with Google Earth - if you go to the sidebar thing on the left, it's in the bottom section.

Look for "Featured content" and click on the little plus sign next to that. Then scroll down and you'll see "Rumsey Historical Maps" (United States 1833 is really cool. Really really cool!)

HH
Nan
(should I post this in X marks the spot thread, too?)

sorry i wasnt around... but he is right thats how you do it..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back