What's new

Gorgeous dandy button & more colonial

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Gorgeous dandy button & more colonial

I got out with the B.O.B's this morning for a rainy cold hunt. It was a long shot Bartek found, based on topography, aerials, and a known colonial road. The results were mixed, but made for a good hunt

The pewter button was a nice find, and a KG2 is always a pleasure. I actually had to sand corrosion off the copper(yes, with very light grit sandpaper), but hey I got an ID. The Dandy is my favorite find. I've never seen an example of this design.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476057639.587880.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476057647.239758.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476057655.790612.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476057663.702228.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476057674.734237.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476057729.978507.webp

Cheers

Steve
 
Upvote 42
Nice hunt as usual Scrappy. That's a nice button. Congrats [emoji106]

HH RN
 
That is a unique button for sure. Very nice find.
 
Really nice finds! Cool buttons, that Dandy button is awesome looks like there is a lot of gilt remaining. Congrats on finding the KGII.

HH
 
1730?..... nice!
And the Dandy button is a dandy!
 
.Congrats on the old copper and nice button
 
That is a unique button for sure. Very nice find.

Thanks Jeff. Funny thing is I didn't even see the design with the rain and mud. When I got home I was like "heyyyyy baby.." Lol
 
Really nice finds! Cool buttons, that Dandy button is awesome looks like there is a lot of gilt remaining. Congrats on finding the KGII.

HH

Thanks DD. I think it had an orange gilt. I thought it was mud at first. Thanks for looking
 
Gorgeous dandy button & more colonial

1730?..... nice!
And the Dandy button is a dandy!

Dave, I didn't want to suggest any date in order to solicit unbiased opinions. But that was my thought too

Thanks for looking.
 
Sweet hunt Steve
The B.O.B.'s strike again.
Very pretty Dandy button.
Congratulations.
 
Very nice button recovery, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Beautiful button! They don't get much better than that.
 
That's on sweet button you found.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Congratulations! That's a very nice collection of finds. I always look forward to seeing what you are up to. HH
 
Steve, that dandy is just gorgeous! Look at that intricate design! Jealous here... congrats! -Lisa & John
 
Nice research! Sweet lookin dandy and nice kg2! Glad you were able to get out. Beat of luck and happy hunting
 
WOW... That sure is a Dandy. I liked looking at the toy cars and trucks that people found but it seems I'm starting to lean towards buttons more now.
 
One of the best dandies I've seen here. We need a reference for these something bad...they are just so unique.
 
Not a design I've seen on a Dandy yet - nice one.
 
That's a killer dandy man! I've not seen anything like it before
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom