Screenshot_20201221-191024.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 85

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks like two male gorillas to me and one is getting a little too fresh trying to kiss the other and he's about to knock his block off. Yureka!!! That's where the treasure will be where his fist will punch him in the eye. It lies behind and you can only see this clue with (wait for it...wait for it) your third eye!

NJearthman

Oct 31, 2020
Central Jersey THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, EQUINOX 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s an important clue to begin your search in nearby TARZANA....because on Saturday night when they need some excitement, Jane gets right, the Monkey gets tight, their voices unite in the pail moon light and it’s outa site!:munky2:

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Thanks Cherrybomb. I needed a good laugh.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice read & marking the signs LH. Isn't there also an
Eagle's head, under the shadow heart you circled?
Happy & blessed New year wishes to y'all too... 8-)

Cool pic cherrybomb123, good find natural
or man made, & could be the latter...
Keep lookin' & snapping pics. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cherrybomb123

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to the reasonable, Not snobby rude people because of ur reply i decided not to **** can my profile.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
CherryBomb,

Put yourself in the shoes of a Spaniard 200 years ago, and travelling 500 miles across the desert with crude maps, and without any road signs to guide the way. That is why they created rock monuments.

Now imagine being a Spaniard wandering through the desert looking at every rock in the area trying to figure out if a rock is natural, or if it is a monument giving you directions to travel. They would never get anywhere because they would spend all of their time looking at the rocks, as well as give them a very bad case of pareidolia.

That is why EVERY marker has a confirmation rock nearby that says "I am manmade". Typically, it is nothing more than a large rock propped up by smaller rocks under it so you can see light under the big rock.

Find the confirmation marker, and that will give you your answer.
Hi - May you all have a Great New Year

View attachment 1888913

Lost Horse

Possibly may not always one propped up, or a light seen under it.
Do you think the rock below the heart carving Lost Horse circled,
could be considered a good confirmation marker? I've seen some
good markers that are definitely appearing used as standalone's.

Attachments

• DSC_0009 (4).JPG
    DSC_0009 (4).JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 41
  • P1020808 (2).JPG
    P1020808 (2).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0448 (3).JPG
    DSC_0448 (3).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks to the reasonable, Not snobby rude people because of ur reply i decided not to **** can my profile.
Look around, snap lots of pics when you get back there, likely to be more are interesting.
Take many pics, even when you may not see anything for sure, with your natural eyes.
If have the time, several pics different distances/angles times, days, early/mid/late.
Remember sometimes shadows were used make mystical shapes/images/illusions.
That likely only camera eyes may pic right up, seen on your computer screen...8-)
Best of luck, enjoy & stay safe...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Crosse,

Cherrybomb is a new member with a few posts, so I am assuming he is just getting started. As such, I was referring to trail markers and Alpha markers. If the sight has not been molested, or it is not an area with earthquakes (That knock rocks over) they always have a confirmation marker.

Omega markers like you have found never have confirmation markers because King's rules prohibited monuments within 1/2 league of a mine. The only exception is the motherly point, which has a small rock propped up behind it that you look under to see the next target.
Seen exceptions to those rules too... Thanks

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interpretation is a tricky thing...depending on how you interpret “interpretation”. I seem to recall a story of a tree with a rope....looking like a “treasure” was lowered into the ground via the rope and some logs and a “90 foot stone”....and MILLIONS of suckers who STILL believe, because someone INTERPRETED the initial situation as one of great significance. In reality...there wasn’t anything there, just as with the OP’s rocks. Do I want to stop people from believing and going to look for such fairy tale-esque things? No way man! I love a good treasure hunt! I just like it more when I know I’m dealing with REALITY, and not relying solely on “interpretation”.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail....

Treasure hunters have a certain ingrained bias toward thinking everything in the world is related to treasure. See an interesting rock? Could mean treasure! See an X on a tree? Could mean treasure! Weird glowing gasses in a field? Got to be treasure! Couldn't possibly be ground hogs farting or decaying material or pixies or the moonlight bouncing off of a light fog. It has GOT to be treasure!

No offense intended toward cherrybomb. I don't see why his pictures of rocks are any different from the hundreds that have been posted on here before that people swear are pointing directly toward some great unfound treasure.

Sometimes I think I could post a picture of my ass and someone would start marking it up swearing that the mole on my butt leads to a great smelly hole filed with glorious treasure!

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Interpretation is a tricky thing...depending on how you interpret “interpretation”. I seem to recall a story of a tree with a rope....looking like a “treasure” was lowered into the ground via the rope and some logs and a “90 foot stone”....and MILLIONS of suckers who STILL believe, because someone INTERPRETED the initial situation as one of great significance. In reality...there wasn’t anything there, just as with the OP’s rocks. Do I want to stop people from believing and going to look for such fairy tale-esque things? No way man! I love a good treasure hunt! I just like it more when I know I’m dealing with REALITY, and not relying solely on “interpretation”.
When you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail....

Treasure hunters have a certain ingrained bias toward thinking everything in the world is related to treasure. See an interesting rock? Could mean treasure! See an X on a tree? Could mean treasure! Weird glowing gasses in a field? Got to be treasure! Couldn't possibly be ground hogs farting or decaying material or pixies or the moonlight bouncing off of a light fog. It has GOT to be treasure!

No offense intended toward cherrybomb. I don't see why his pictures of rocks are any different from the hundreds that have been posted on here before that people swear are pointing directly toward some great unfound treasure.

Sometimes I think I could post a picture of my ass and someone would start marking it up swearing that the mole on my butt leads to a great smelly hole filed with glorious treasure!

Then stay with your metal detecting, if you don't see anything else!
Butt you're most likely not helping anyone with unnecessary sarcasm.
True treasures are a kind of profound mystery, few be that truly find it.

Last edited:

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then stay with your metal detecting, if you don't see anything else!
Butt you're most likely not helping anyone with unnecessary sarcasm.

I will definitely stick with my metal detecting. At least "unnecessary sarcasm" won't result in some poor schmuck going out into the world to search for a treasure that doesn't exist, potentially putting his life in danger. There have been hundreds of people die over the years out looking for something because someone decided that a common everyday rock looked like a turtle or some other nonsense.

Several forum posters had already helped cherrybomb understand that his rock formations were just that: rock formations. Then people like you come along and start marking them up and egging him on to go back out and search the area. How is that being helpful? How can you not see that you are potentially putting his life in danger? And over what? Armchair interpretations? A desire to be admired anonymously on a forum? Easy for you to sit back in your comfy chair and "see" eagles and hearts in shadows that only show at just the right time of day and just the right camera angle. Do you think the Spaniards would have required you to be there taking a digital picture at just the right time of day and camera angle to recognize a treasure sign? Meanwhile, it's no skin off of your back if he spends the next 10 years out running around the wilderness looking for a ghost treasure that never had a chance of existing. Gee, look how helpful you are! Now THAT was sarcasm...

Sometimes (most of the time) a rock is just a rock. When it is just a rock, say so. You don't have to turn everything in the world into a treasure marker. Don't you think his time would be better spent finding a REAL treasure marker and investigating THAT instead of wasting time on something that has no chance of being a treasure marker? How is it helpful to him for you to lead him on a wild goose chase?

But I'll go back to my metal detecting now. This forum is all yours. Feel free to "help" as many people as your conscience will allow.

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I will definitely stick with my metal detecting. At least "unnecessary sarcasm" won't result in some poor schmuck going out into the world to search for a treasure that doesn't exist, potentially putting his life in danger. There have been hundreds of people die over the years out looking for something because someone decided that a common everyday rock looked like a turtle or some other nonsense.

Several forum posters had already helped cherrybomb understand that his rock formations were just that: rock formations. Then people like you come along and start marking them up and egging him on to go back out and search the area. How is that being helpful? How can you not see that you are potentially putting his life in danger? And over what? Armchair interpretations? A desire to be admired anonymously on a forum? Easy for you to sit back in your comfy chair and "see" eagles and hearts in shadows that only show at just the right time of day and just the right camera angle. Do you think the Spaniards would have required you to be there taking a digital picture at just the right time of day and camera angle to recognize a treasure sign? Meanwhile, it's no skin off of your back if he spends the next 10 years out running around the wilderness looking for a ghost treasure that never had a chance of existing. Gee, look how helpful you are! Now THAT was sarcasm...

Sometimes (most of the time) a rock is just a rock. When it is just a rock, say so. You don't have to turn everything in the world into a treasure marker. Don't you think his time would be better spent finding a REAL treasure marker and investigating THAT instead of wasting time on something that has no chance of being a treasure marker? How is it helpful to him for you to lead him on a wild goose chase?

But I'll go back to my metal detecting now. This forum is all yours. Feel free to "help" as many people as your conscience will allow.

Oh wow you're right, I might get lost, trip over a log, get a tick, or be the target of some wild animal.
Where do you people come from, the big city? What a joke! Sounds like when a child is whining, tired.
Keep it up safe around the porch then, don't venture out into them dangerous woods, might find brier.
Only cherrybomb123 or anyone else, can put their own life in danger, save the dull lecture for sissies.

PS: Although it's no secret now, that there were pack trains, caravans of wary, highly equipped
& clever teams of treasure hunters, with secret methods of hiding extremely valuable goods...

No one specified in this thread who may have done anything to the rocks, as it was you
alone that mentioned Spaniards, what gave you that idea? Again, your misinformed
sarcasm, shows just exactly where you're at... Whatever you do, stay SAFE!

Attachments

• DSC_0964 (3).JPG
    DSC_0964 (3).JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 39
  • DSC_0952 (4).JPG
    DSC_0952 (4).JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0061 (14).JPG
    DSC_0061 (14).JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 49
  • P1000104 (2).JPG
    P1000104 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow you're right, I might get lost, trip over a log, get a tick, or be the target of some wild animal.
Where do you people come from, the big city? What a joke! Sounds like when a child is whining, tired.
Keep it up safe around the porch then, don't venture out into them dangerous woods, might find brier.
Only cherrybomb123 or anyone else, can put their own life in danger, save the dull lecture for sissies.

PS: Although it's no secret now, that there were pack trains, caravans of wary, highly educated
& clever teams of treasure hunters with secret methods of hiding extremely valuable goods...

No one specified in this thread who may have done anything to the rocks, as you
alone mentioned Spaniards, what gave you that idea? Again, your sarcasm
shows just exactlywhere you're at... Whatever you do, stay SAFE!

So you are perfectly happy to send a fellow treasure hunter on a wild goose chase and waste his time? Don't you think it would be more "helpful" to him if he spent his time on a real treasure sign instead of on a bunch of rocks that everyone else thinks are just rocks? Is what you do here about trying to keep your "disciples" worshiping you or do you actually care about helping people?

The first few people in this thread decided that these were not treasure signs and you came in and decided to tell this guy that he should continue to pursue it. So are you saying these other posters are wrong? Are you saying that you believe these are valid treasure markers that he should pursue? If so, why do you say that? What evidence other than your desire to stroke your own ego do you cite in implying that all the other posters in this thread are wrong and you see value here when no one else does?

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
So you are perfectly happy to send a fellow treasure hunter on a wild goose chase and waste his time? Don't you think it would be more "helpful" to him if he spent his time on a real treasure sign instead of on a bunch of rocks that everyone else thinks are just rocks? Is what you do here about trying to keep your "disciples" worshiping you or do you actually care about helping people?

The first few people in this thread decided that these were not treasure signs and you came in and decided to tell this guy that he should continue to pursue it. So are you saying these other posters are wrong? Are you saying that you believe these are valid treasure markers that he should pursue? If so, why do you say that? What evidence other than your desire to stroke your own ego do you cite in implying that all the other posters in this thread are wrong and you see value here when no one else does?

Disciples? You're arrogant, foolishly trying to pick a fight. You are the one who has obviously got an ego.
You & the other posters are simply just inexperienced about carvings/shadows, & uninformed. I don't have
apparently what you're looking for, & the original thread poster was happy to get some encouragement from
some who can see, & who are in the know. Why can't you just leave it alone? No more time for you, good day.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disciples? You're arrogant, foolishly trying to pick a fight. You are the one who has obviously got an ego.
You & the other posters are simply just inexperienced about carvings/shadows, & uninformed. I don't have
apparently what you're looking for, & the original thread poster was happy to get some encouragement from
some who can see, & who are in the know. Why can't you just leave it alone? No more time for you, good day.

I will leave it alone. And I apologize if you think I was trying to pick a fight.

My point simply is this.... sometimes a rock is just a rock. You can take ANY photo and "see" shapes and images in it. That doesn't mean there is a treasure there. And that doesn't mean that seeing images in a photo makes you any more right than those that don't see those same images.

The true value that an experienced treasure hunter can provide is not just in saying what "could be" but also giving advice on when it is time to just move on. And I don't see that type of advice very much out here. Anybody can blow up a picture and circle grainy images in it that "could" be treasure signs. You don't have to be an expert to do that. But it takes an expert to say "move on" and be able to say WHY. If you truly are experienced, then why not use that experience to help your fellow treasure hunters in a way that less experienced forum posters can't help them? Say "no" every now and then. And then tell them why. You might find that you are actually being more helpful that way.

I'm done. Have a good day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread