What's new

Got a call from Tesoro today

SWFLA

Full Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
146
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
I got home from work to find a message from Tesoro saying my Tiger Shark was being mailed out today and should have it by weekend. I sent it in about 3 months ago and have had no contact with anyone. I was getting worried that Id never see it again. I will update when I get it, that sure does make me feel better.
 
Had to be a scam call......


Kidding of course. Congrats!
 
Nice. May I ask why you sent it in? I'm having issues with my tejon.
 
I just bought two new Tejons. Guess I'll send the warranty cards in.
 
I have owned this Tiger Shark for 8 years and it has always performed well on gulf beaches getting around 8 inch depth or better and able to pick up an earring back with ease. It started losing depth over the last year or so till it was down to about 1-2 inches and my sons Bounty hunter was running circles around it. I did all the adjustment but couldnt fix it. Also my headphone wire was coming apart at the cup.
 
Maybe Tesoro will somehow recover or at the very least be purchased by a company that wants to preserve the idea of why they made detectors in the first place. I must admit I'm interested in screens and such, as it is in my nature to tinker and "see" things because I am a visual person. I had a Tesoro Cortes once upon a time. It seemed to be a good unit. But I wanted more visuals. Hear good things about some of their units. Wish em the best.
 
Having a fleet of expensive machines, and access to others, I just bought two Tesoro Tejons. Some dealer advertisement is misleading. I am using the word "misleading" very carefully.
 
I just got my cibola back yesterday after 4 months. you did better than me.
 
I got home from work to find a message from Tesoro saying my Tiger Shark was being mailed out today and should have it by weekend. I sent it in about 3 months ago and have had no contact with anyone. I was getting worried that Id never see it again. I will update when I get it, that sure does make me feel better.

looks like they are still "kickin' it!
the news of their 'demise" is "premature!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.
 
Update: I finally got my Tiger Shark back from Tesoro, they replaced the coil and headphones. I took it out for a beach hunt and it ran better than ever. I hope those waiting on their machine to be returned have the same outcome as I have.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom