fistfulladirt
Gold Member
- Joined
- Feb 21, 2008
- Messages
- 12,256
- Reaction score
- 4,968
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Great Lakes State
- Detector(s) used
- dirtfishing
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner
Got a few keepers and a Big haircut
My day off today I headed out to a large sports complex north of me. I hunted a 50' x 25' area for about 3 hours, and found a few silver keepers, and some wheats. I did dig a few low tones and managed nothing but old pulltabs. This place is heavily infested with iron, and the half dollar and a couple dimes came up dark. I couldn't save the half, too much oxidation from contact with dissimilar metal. The thing was black. I tumbled it for an hour in a baking soda/non-abrasive mixture. Best I could do for now.
Never dug a bicycle before, kinda cool. HH, ffd
My day off today I headed out to a large sports complex north of me. I hunted a 50' x 25' area for about 3 hours, and found a few silver keepers, and some wheats. I did dig a few low tones and managed nothing but old pulltabs. This place is heavily infested with iron, and the half dollar and a couple dimes came up dark. I couldn't save the half, too much oxidation from contact with dissimilar metal. The thing was black. I tumbled it for an hour in a baking soda/non-abrasive mixture. Best I could do for now.
Never dug a bicycle before, kinda cool. HH, ffd
Attachments
-
091310.webp40.7 KB · Views: 395 -
ballfield.webp34.9 KB · Views: 397 -
scary lion.webp36.6 KB · Views: 378 -
ring.webp12.3 KB · Views: 396 -
1901 Barb ob.webp45.2 KB · Views: 389 -
1901 Barb rev.webp37.7 KB · Views: 393 -
25.webp19.9 KB · Views: 377 -
mercs.webp30.4 KB · Views: 366 -
rev.webp46.5 KB · Views: 367 -
10 ob.webp25.8 KB · Views: 358 -
10 rev.webp35.8 KB · Views: 368 -
bike skeleton.webp20.1 KB · Views: 367

Glad you're getting out.






