What's new

got a few more

halfhunt

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I managed to get 40 - 40% odd ratio huh? and 1 90% Would have got more but had to wait about an hour to cash in, also there was a bank that had a bunch of them but wouldn't let me have any since I wasn't a customer....odd thing is I hit their other branch bank and got some. This one place had 200.00 and almost every single one was a bicentenial but we found a S mint 76 so not a complete skunk. The bank I cashed them in at was excited because they have to order them in for a guy that has a resteraunt in town and was getting low.....apparently he just uses them for peoples change or checks for silver and pawns them off on everyone that is a customer....pretty slick if thats what he is doing.
 
Upvote 0
WTG HH. That is a good day. Kudos!

I have encountered the same as you about the bank that wouldn't sell you any and another branch would. Go back in 2 weeks and you can probably get them....ha! It worked for me.
 
Thanks, I keep telling myself......ok....there is going to be a walking liberty in there:) I am actually located in between 2 different distribution areas I am finding out, so hopefully I can draw alot of silver out....hopefully
 
If I had a retail business I would do the same thing, get halves from the bank, search thru them and give my rejects out as change. Many of those will go in drawers or kept for kids/grandkids, and basically be taken out of circulation (for a while anyway). Would be an easy way of getting rid of them.
 
Exactly what I was thinking wayne. I don't see how a guy could get rid of a high volume of them in return change from a small town resteraunt though. Say you ring up up even 20 cash customers per hour and each one gets 1 back for change (unless you give them for cash also but the bank said he just gives them one if they have like 75 cents coming back) well thats only 1 roll an hour so say 12 rolls a day if he is good at getting rid of them would be 60 through the weekdays and whatever on the weekends. This is still a pretty easy way to check 600.00 worth of halves with out raising eyebrowes at the bank but if you seen the town I highly doubt he goes through that many. I bet in a larger town something like a coffee shop or whatever could easily go through some halves without having to dump them at a bank. I have actually started buying small things w/ my halves hoping they won't make it back into circulation, especially those bicentennials that everyone seems to save. I used to save the bicentennial quarters but after checking a large quantity of quarters I dumped them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom