What's new

got a good deal at a gun show

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
me and my dad bought a Marlin 30-30, lever action, w/scope and leather strap for 400 bucks. the gun is almost brande new. he also gave us a box of free ammo so we shot it afterwards at the local shooting range. very nice gun!!! i love it! ;D
 
You got a very good deal. My brother had one of them when we were teens. It was a real nice rifle.
 
Great shooter. :icon_thumright:



Hmm.......is that venison I smell cooking?


:D
 
hio Colorado, James, the Marlin is very accurate and quite suitable for any US game, congrats. Was it a Christmas present?. Got my first, a Winchester for my 13 th birthday, I still have it. You will have fun.

Don Jose de La Mancha
 
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
hio Colorado, the Marlin is very accurate and quite suitable for any US game, congrats. Was it a Christmas present?. Got my first, a Winchester for my 13 th birthday, I still have it. You will have fun.

Don Jose de La Mancha
well, yes and no. me and my dad both wanted a lever action so it was kinda a christmas present for both of us and it was his birthday today so it was also a self birthday present ;D And it great you still have you first gun. im never selling my first, a .22 bolt action i got for christmas when i was 9 :laughing9:
 
I had a Marlin like that in .44 Mag...it was really accurate considering the bore. I hit a gong 537 yards away and a bird through the neck at 300 yards...no scope.
 
Hay BEEP, how big was that gong you hit with a .44 at 537 yds?
​
 
About a yard wide...aimed about 12' above it...lol.

I found the old range on GE...the gong, or where it used to be, is marked.
 

Attachments

  • shot.webp
    shot.webp
    34 KB · Views: 188

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom