Got a good laugh today...

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was at the local park swinging the Eurotek Pro when some kids came up and asked what I looking for? so half joking I said pennies. They left and I continued swing and after a few minutes a felt a tug on my shirt and I looked down to a little girl about 6 holding her hand out. I looked in her hand and there was 3 pennies, she looked my in the eyes and said that I can have her pennies so I do not to dig in the dirt anymore for pennies. I just had to laugh. so I took the 3 pennies and gave her a quarter that I had dug in trade. Such a big smile on her face as she trotted off to the swing set.

Last edited:

Rock Rock

May 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a wonderful story..thanks for sharing !

I nominated this post for a banner.

Sometimes it's not about what we find, it's all about the journey and not so much the destination :)

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is so cool guy.... Great post. It's amazing as children what we "don't know" or understand.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That's just awesome. I bet you will always remember that - priceless.

"Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 18:3

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I understand that she started off with three cents, and after getting involved with a man she ran off with 25.
She is just starting and the ratio sounds about correct.

It's a common ending to a common story

Last edited:

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some children shine brighter then most adults.

Thank you for sharing- you're story should be on the Home Page of this site and every site pertaining to Metal Detecting, reminding everyone
the living are more important than the buried.

~there's no treasure greater

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Brings back a memory of a line from, I believe it was The Vision of Sir LandsFell,

"Not what we give, but what we share, for the gift without the giver is bare!"

He was talking about what was important in life I believe.

Frank...- 111-2 de Vinci.jpg

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Well yes, sure, this is all beautiful but now she has grown accustomed to a whole new standard of living......

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I was the guy in the plaid shirt and cut offs just across the way.
She got me for about a buck.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You got away clean. You're relatively lucky she settled. The grown-up version of your experience is called a court mandated forced liquidation.

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story...I don't know how anyone could hurt a child...and I don't suggest they try it in front of me...I'm sure God smiled on you today

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Papalittle; Great Story. I hereby VOTE you for Honorable Mentions and possible BANNER. Your a Hero to everyone here. PEACE:RONB :headbang:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post. That was a good one. :thumbsup:
-MM-

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well yes, sure, this is all beautiful but now she has grown accustomed to a whole new standard of living......

Apparently she's been talking to her girlfriends and she just got a lawyer. All the banner publicity is not going to fare well.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story! I am sure that both she and you will never forget the experience. To see the sparkle in a child's eye when they give from their' heart so freely without concern of return, is the most cherished thing that I believe that we can or ever will receive while on this Earth!

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread