What's new

Got a lil bit...

CaptainRobin

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
579
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a lil' bit...

Had to hit the bank yesterday, needed some walking around money... asked the vault teller if she'd gotten any halves in.

Got a kinda sheepish "yes", that "they" were susposed to send her dollars, but had sent halves instead. 'Course I asked if she wanted to get rid of them, and she did ~ two boxes, CWI, no stamps/dates.

One had been opened, she'd forgotten she sold four rolls to my competitor. None of the remaining 46 rolls had been opened. Looked the box and it was a total skunk.

The other wasn't too bad... 18 each 40%ers, and three "S" proofs, a '73, '74, and '96. The proofs were the best examples I've ever seen come from my CRH activities ~ pristine.

Dump day, and go buy a bucket full of okra ~ the boss lady wants to pickle some more, and man is it ever good....

Robin
 
Upvote 0
Re: Got a lil' bit...

Twenty one (21) keepers from a single Fed Box is awesome these days ! And special kudos on the proofs.

Savor the moment; for this is a roller coaster of a hobby.
 
Re: Got a lil' bit...

thurmownator said:
Twenty one (21) keepers from a single Fed Box is awesome these days ! And special kudos on the proofs.

Savor the moment; for this is a roller coaster of a hobby.

and a hobby thats days are numbered. Expect halves to be like quarters in the next year or two.
 
Re: Got a lil' bit...

jewelerdave said:
thurmownator said:
Twenty one (21) keepers from a single Fed Box is awesome these days ! And special kudos on the proofs.

Savor the moment; for this is a roller coaster of a hobby.

and a hobby thats days are numbered. Expect halves to be like quarters in the next year or two.

Jewelerdave,

I don't even think it will take that long till finding silver is very rare. I have seen a HUGE difference here in number of silvers in the relatively short time I have been a CRHer (since April 2008).

I have cut back my CRHing due to the crappy results, but just for fun last week got about 12 boxes (not all at once), and they all were pretty sad. New silver flows into the system only so much, and with all the CRHers getting a high volume of boxes all the time, it is like a crap shoot whether you will get the lucky box or not. If not, you are just getting someone else's (or your own) rejects over and over.

The only caveat to this is if you are in an area that for whatever reason has not been frequented by CRHers much. If you live there, you may still find some silver coins that have been sitting around in the vaults at your local Brinks or whatever company they use. Get while the gettins' good if that is your situation. Because once it's gone, it's gone.

I am almost done with CRHing completely, and have found that in the last month since I have cut back, I have been more productive with my business and have made enough extra money to be able to buy some nice silver rounds with much less effort than I expended running around doing the CRHing and still come out ahead.

I am in the process of spending my CRHing funds on silver and maybe some gold, hoping to get some good deals before the price hopefully goes back up. Got some nice 2008 American Silver Eagles today for $16.50 each.

Jim
 
Re: Got a lil' bit...

16.50 each for an eagle... not bad at all from the prices I've been looking at.

Grats on the good box OP.

SILVER!

~Dave
 
Re: Got a lil' bit...

Pickled okra...I love that stuff!!! Especially the hot & spicy ones. Tell the boss I need a lesson on pickling those babies!

BTW - Nice job on the silver. Eighteen silver keepers is a great box these days!
 
Re: Got a lil' bit...

jim4silver said:
jewelerdave said:
thurmownator said:
Twenty one (21) keepers from a single Fed Box is awesome these days ! And special kudos on the proofs.

Savor the moment; for this is a roller coaster of a hobby.

and a hobby thats days are numbered. Expect halves to be like quarters in the next year or two.

Jewelerdave,

I don't even think it will take that long till finding silver is very rare. I have seen a HUGE difference here in number of silvers in the relatively short time I have been a CRHer (since April 2008).

I have cut back my CRHing due to the crappy results, but just for fun last week got about 12 boxes (not all at once), and they all were pretty sad. New silver flows into the system only so much, and with all the CRHers getting a high volume of boxes all the time, it is like a crap shoot whether you will get the lucky box or not. If not, you are just getting someone else's (or your own) rejects over and over.

The only caveat to this is if you are in an area that for whatever reason has not been frequented by CRHers much. If you live there, you may still find some silver coins that have been sitting around in the vaults at your local Brinks or whatever company they use. Get while the gettins' good if that is your situation. Because once it's gone, it's gone.

I am almost done with CRHing completely, and have found that in the last month since I have cut back, I have been more productive with my business and have made enough extra money to be able to buy some nice silver rounds with much less effort than I expended running around doing the CRHing and still come out ahead.

I am in the process of spending my CRHing funds on silver and maybe some gold, hoping to get some good deals before the price hopefully goes back up. Got some nice 2008 American Silver Eagles today for $16.50 each.

Jim
3 months and your out? I knew when the newbies found out it wasn't that easy they would start dropping like flies.....woo hoo....more for me :thumbsup:
HH, S_F :icon_king:
 
Re: Got a lil' bit...

[/quote]3 months and your out? I knew when the newbies found out it wasn't that easy they would start dropping like flies.....woo hoo....more for me :thumbsup:
HH, S_F :icon_king:
[/quote]

SF,

Actually it is a bit more than 4 months. I don't have time to waste chasing skunk boxes. I love finding silver, but after awhile it gets to be no fun finding no coins, or one or two 40s a box. It would be more cost efficient for me to go buy silver.

I am lucky in that my line of work can be lucrative when the work is there. And I would rather spend time building up clients and making money that way, and then use some of my profits to invest in precious metals. This is what I was doing before I discovered CRHing. Honestly, for me CRHing is too much of a time stealing addiction that has not been yielding much. I will still buy from coin machines whenever possible. And occasionally I may order a box or two from an out of town bank just to see what's floating around.
But my days of buying and dumping multiple boxes weekly are way over.

If I was an old retired guy like you I may feel differently about it. ;D

Jim
 
Re: Got a lil' bit...

3 months and your out? I knew when the newbies found out it wasn't that easy they would start dropping like flies.....woo hoo....more for me :thumbsup:
HH, S_F :icon_king:
[/quote]

If I was an old retired guy like you I may feel differently about it. ;D

Jim
[/quote]You almost have it right. Kinda old (not really a senior citizen yet) and wishing I was retired. 5 more years.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom