Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was just making the comment yesterday about how it's been a while since I found a piece of yellow, and tonight I got one. Funny how that works out.

So tonight I teamed up with Rob... a new friend I met recently, and we went hunting tonight at 2 different beaches that he's hunted in the past. The first spot didn't do him any justice... but treated me pretty well. I scored a lot of quarters (an odd occurance for me), and even managed to unearth a tiny yellow gold ring.

004-6.jpg

The next beach is where I racked up on the Yen, and Rob scored himself some nice pieces of jewelry... one of them being a nice mans 18k ring. I got jealous looking at that big ticket... I have to admit. But I'm glad that I was there to see it being ripped from the earth. Kinda makes my day when I know someone out there is getting theirs. Know what I mean?

So after an exhausting 4 hours of hunting, here's the treasures for the night:

5,244 yen $70 (current exchange rate is 75:1)
1 gold ring 1.5 grams (tested good at 14k)
1 silver toe ring
1 larger silver ring
and $2.91 in US clad

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at the loot. I'm hoping that I'll have a LOT more to show you over the next 3 days of low tides. I just hope my body can keep up with all of these late nights.

001-7.jpg

003-6.jpg

Upvote 0
Wow you sure have some sweet hunting grounds......Matt

Congrats on your finds! I found exactly that same ring last year in a lake here in northern Germany. Still have it. HH

wrecker said:
Congrats on your finds! I found exactly that same ring last year in a lake here in northern Germany. Still have it. HH

It's a cute ring... and I really didn't expect to pull it out of that beach. It's the tiniest gold I have now. It's pretty, but I want it to be about 10 grams ;D

Everyone that finds a small gold ring like yours
wants it to be at least 10 grams Bobbypins. LOL
Still a very nice gold ring....congrats to ya.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

gold in any size sure make the day shine :sunny: nice hit on the sweet yella stuff!!!!!

WoW!!!! :o Congrats on THAT hunt!! :notworthy: Love the Square-knot gold ring, and all that coinage! :thumbsup:

Gold is always a fine sight! Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back