pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Posted this in the wrong section and now the computer isn't doing what I want and I lost the details of the hunt. So I'll try it again. Got out for a short hunt on Sunday and I think I got a Vermont Copper out of an uncut hay field between the house and the barns at a permission that has given up some nice finds last year. Haven't had time or the weather this past summer hasn't been detecting conditions because of the drought, but the recent wet weather has fixed all that and turned the soils soft again. I dug a crusty small cent and a silver washed flat button from the worked field and moved the hay field. The grass is really too high to get any small signals as the coil is the ground to the point where it's just large iron and can slaw that come through. So I was tickled to get on the first signal a nice crisp copper sound and digging out a thin copper. I think it's a Vermont Copper and digging it up here so far away from it's original home is kind of cool. :icon_thumright: P1020307.JPGIMG_20161023_152023423.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 26
Wow Pep that's an incredible find! That would be an incredible find in New England....it's really an amazing find where you are. So happy to see you posting my man. I don't like seeing my good buddies disappear for too long. Makes me worry. I hope you are able to get a variety and I'm happy to help with that if nobody else can nail it down. What a great start to your digging season

A very nice coin!! Still has some lettering. Congrats! -Lisa & John

That's a wild find, congrats pepper!

Sweet old copper find!

Maybe this one.vt_ryder_16_obv.jpg1788

Good looking copper Pepperj! Looks like there's enough left to hopefully get a variety.

Can you post a pic of reverse.

Looks very old, definitely a Vermont copper 1780's most likely.

Last edited:
Wow Pep that's an incredible find! That would be an incredible find in New England....it's really an amazing find where you are. So happy to see you posting my man. I don't like seeing my good buddies disappear for too long. Makes me worry. I hope you are able to get a variety and I'm happy to help with that if nobody else can nail it down. What a great start to your digging season
Thanks for the kind words Abe, it seems that life doesn't allow enough time for everything to fit in and something suffers. I sent a email to you with the photo of both sides, maybe if you have an extra minute you could post up the other side of the copper for me.

Awesome score Pepper, :headbang: that one remains on many bucket lists for sure.

I just wanted to add these pics for my buddy. I will mess with them a bit when I get home to see if I can get more detail to pop.,
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477506142.391325.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477506158.530168.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back