What's new

got a quick hunt in today

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out running errands and paying some bills today. I got the chance to drop by a few banks on the way. I didn't get too much coin today, but it turned out decent for what I got.
I only bought $50 in dimes, $40 in rolled halves, $12.50 in loose halves, and I got $47 in Ike's.
Only silver I got were 2 40%, both 68D. One came from a roll, the other was in the loose. Not bad, wish I could have found more. In the Ike's I got a 72 High relief modified, another good find but not silver. I've found a few of those this year, they can be worth up to $40 in MS. This one is AU though.
Silver streak is at 16 hunts in a row now. Today was risky, because I normally buy way more coin. The more I buy, the better chance of hitting some silver. I got real lucky today, finding some silver in the little that I searched.
 
Upvote 0
Oh wow...im still waiting to pop my cherry with the silver find..I bought a 500 dollar box of halves and 500 in dimes and didnt get anything...then bought 40 dollars in nickels and scored 2 War nickels...go figure...Cool stuff thou..And thats really cool you found Ikes...I have been looking for some just to have..and the banks tell me they never see them
 
I see Ike's in my area from time to time, I always buy them. There are some decent error coins in the ikes, and if your lucky there could be a peace or morgan in the mix. I still have yet to find a silver Ike though, but people do find them.
 
Tim,
Way to go. You only have 7 more to tie "Rockin Rileyboy" for the longest streak
Good luck
rileyboy
 
7 still seems like a long way, just gotta take it one hunt at a time. Going to try and get some in tomorrow. I wanted to today, but didn't have time.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom