Got a Stained 1857 Seated Quarter and 2 roughrd up 1881 Indian Heads

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out Sunday on The Upper Chesapeake Bay for 5 hours, I was happy to see a nice low tide and I worked the rocks hard. The 1857 Seated Quarter is stained, but I like it, the 2 1881 Indian Head Pennies are roughed up, I rarely find any Indian Heads, but when I do they are always beat up. The shiny roughed up coin in the picture was found a few weeks ago, it was not gold, I had it tested. I hope to get out some more soon, I hope everyone else is making good finds. IMG_2872.JPG IMG_2873.JPG IMG_2874.JPG

Upvote 7

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a hunt.very nice assortment of coins.

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on some stellar finds. That seated quarter is something special! What led you to search the upper Chesapeake at low tide? Did you learn there was activity in this area in the 1800s?

OP
OP
DFX DAVE in M.D.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You. The Chesapeake Bay has many beaches where people have went swimming for over a hundred years. The best time is at low tide or the day after a hard storm. At low tide on some beaches you get out of the deep sand and down in the rocks and clay where the coins are not way deep out of your reach. Some bay beaches are bad because they are loaded with fishing sinkers and military gun shells. A good low tide with wind blowing out will get you way out there pretty far, its the window I look for.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool finds. I'm still waiting for my first seated coin. I'd love to know that that mystery coin is.

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins Dave

ace1968

May 21, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3000, ATPro, Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stained, worn... so what that is nice. I how to find one in such nice shape one day.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice collection of finds especially the seated quarter! :4leafclover::icon_thumright:Hope to find one someday myself.

Get Digging!
CARM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread