What's new

Got another 70d

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
1,801
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Got another 2 boxes today. These were dated Nov. 6, 2007 as yesterdays were dated the 5th. Each box had one silver on the end of a roll- first box gave up one '64 and 4 40%ers including the 70d. Second box gave up 3 more 40%ers. More than I had this morning but a far cry from recent history results. Dave we need to hurry and wade through these BS boxes and get back down into the pallet where we belong. I wonder if tomarrows boxes will be dated the 7th haha. Still got tomarrow, saturday and Monday on order- actually Mondays came with todays I just chose to save something for Monday and Saturdays will be in by 2PM tomarrow. Maybe I will get to some undated boxes yet- though that '70 proves silver is still being dumped just not in the quantity we want. HH all, Mark
 
Upvote 0
Hey ME_CO,

Sweet Finds....
correct me if Im wrong the 70's are silver right I hope so.....I cant Find one for the life of me..

I went penny Shopping on my lunch break today. I would up buying 700 in custmore rolled halfs and 400 in pennies.
Driving back to work.. I started searching them. Pulled a Full Roll of 40%'s First Roll I pulled out....I Got So excited!!!
Did a few more and nothing.....went back in to work finished the day...My Head teller told me she got a coin that said one ounce with a ladie on the front...I Told her american eagle right as she was telling me....I said you paid a dollar for it? Yep she said then she asked how much is it worth....I say oooo 15 dollars. She had a big Smile on her face.
I want one :( for a dollar.
I got home and searched the rest of them as soon as I got into the door.
There was a half roll and 5 in a roll the rest were here and there.

There Was in total 38 40%'s and 3 90% 64.. one of the 64's look like it just came from the mint Still has all the luster.

Happy Hunting,
CC
 
Sounds like a good day CC, except for all them pennies LOL. 70 is 40% but only made for mint sets sos someone broke into a set and spent it for ME to find it and now I have 2. HH Mark
 
ME_CO said:
Sounds like a good day CC, except for all them pennies LOL. 70 is 40% but only made for mint sets sos someone broke into a set and spent it for ME to find it and now I have 2. HH Mark

I did not Get enough Pennies I ran out of money...
I run a Ryedale Im saving the pre 82's.

Ill Find me one someday....

Happy Hunting,
CC
 
Nice find on that elusive 70 Mark. Hopefully those boxes will start bursting with silver. Good luck.
 
Nice finds.
Boy, I need job at the bank to catch some of those! I just wonder if the banks have a rule about their tellers being coin collectors or something. That would be the ideal job for me. I would go home with a bag from the machine or a box of halves everyday. In fact, I would probably do the job without pay if they let me ravage their vaults.
Ok, so the wife and the kids would have to do without shoes, but hey, we live on a subtropical island, how bad could it be??

HH
vegasmtl
 
Re: Got another 70d/ Pic of Twin 70d's

Well we all love pics sos here's a pic of the twins. I put the new one in the 70s spot for safe keeping, I'll boot it out when I find a 70s Proof. HH all, Mark
DSCN1343.jpg
 
Fortunately silver is always being dumped.
I do think all those bright and shiny bens we found a couple weeks ago were run though and deposited recently. The coins next too them were fresh and nice, unlike the rolls I found from the early 70s the other day. Even though no one had looked at them in who knows how long they were dingy from sitting. despite the fact that they had no wear. Probably popped out of sealed tubes of plastic or who knows why.

I just hope some new fed bags with a nice collection in them get rolled and to my banks this week. I think its more about turn over than depth on the pallets, I have a feeling when the pallet gets low they just make a new one, the bags seem to be mixed, or at least the rolls seem to get mixed up with others and packed indiscriminately. that would explain why the bens ended up all over the place.
It would also explain why I found a walker and just a walker and one 40 in a box with a token I marked and got back. When I dump its a few thousand dollars at a time and if each box is $500 that should mean several skunk boxes all at once. Not the case, each box seems to produce. so they may have a mixer they dump 10 to 20k worth of coins in at a time and then a bin for the rolls and then someone has to pack them from that pile, then they go out, seems to be a heck of a mixing system.

As too the though of getting halves out of our area I dont know if that would be good or bad, A lot of halves are in limbo sitting in valuts. it takes them to fill up, there area few of my supply banks that have bags in there machines that they cant sell or go though, and it takes years to fill sometimes.
Its my practice to spend them on every day things, take some hand rolled and use them like a $10bill for small transactions, most tellers are happy to take em. and give back change in bills. They keep em, give em out as change, take them home...Either way they end up back in the system or deposited somewhere to help fill up a fed bag somewhere, it ups the odds of getting that say, cache of a few hundred silver coins in a counter full and into the fed rolls so we can find em!
Likewise if someone saves the clads and then finds out they are just worth 50 cents, They are more likely to just deposit them also, and may not know about the 40s or 64s and older.
There are also the older people who have a mix of silver coins who just dont care and deposit too.
how many silver dumps can be attributed to say Alzheimer's or just someone who has gone kookoo from age and does not care, Also kids, and the ignorant who dont know what the "funny looking" coins are but hey it says half a dollar or a dime dollar or quarter, it must be..
Also some silver get into circulation by force.
One friend of mine while in school was working at walmart and found quite a bit of silver cracking rolls,
One night he found 3 silver quarters. Great, but that used up the change he had in his pocket as he used his bus fare to buy them....well, To ride the bus it was 50 cents, or a walk in the cold 25degree weather for 8 miles at midnight and he had class the next morning...the choice was pretty clear, he had to spend 2 of the silvers. OUCH!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom