What's new

Got another one

mainer

Silver Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a piece I dug today. I wanna say its the back to a pocket watch? But its not very deep? Its got a couple stamps the one in the second pic I cant make out for the life of me? The one in the third pic is a 90 with what looks like an 18 below it? It screams colonial to me but may not be that old. The piece measures 2 inches across it. Thanks for any help.
 

Attachments

  • watch1.webp
    watch1.webp
    101 KB · Views: 280
  • watch2.webp
    watch2.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 279
  • watch3.webp
    watch3.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 269
Sure does look like now that you mention it. :tongue3: Ive seen a dozen words since I got it home. :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Looks 1900-ish to me. Look for fine engraved initials/dates from watch repair. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Well maybe the 18 and 90 I see on it is a date then? Just looks older then that to me. Wishfull thinking perhaps.
 
Upvote 0
Mainer, I am thinking your first guess is correct and that it is the back cover to a pocket watch. I have a couple of back pieces similar to your piece that are also pretty shallow because they've been flattened out a bit.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Jeff. I'll put a green check on it. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom