What's new

Got him to come in..

worldtalker

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
21,617
Reaction score
31,162
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I left the door open and put some oyster crackers out to see if I could draw a crowd well,I got one taker:laughing7:.I sat on the floor and was no more than a few feet away,such a precious creation. sooner or later I'll get him to take peanuts from me.

K1600_DSCN5160.webp

K1600_DSCN5164.webp



GOD Bless

Chris
 
Last edited:
That's funny. How about getting him some almonds. Too much sodium in those crackers. Had a friend kill his gerbil by feeling it potato chips. It was all the salt that did that gerbil in.
 
Last edited:
You can have all my peanuts. I'm allergic to them, so feel free. He shall be yours very soon.
 
Well, you are definitely making headway. Cute.
 
Wow, you got a friend for life! Can’t wait till he takes the peanuts from you! Good luck! You might want to wear a glove the first couple times, just a little protection.
 
put out the right bait and I'll come in
 
That's funny. How about getting him some almonds. Too much sodium in those crackers. Had a friend kill his gerbil by feeling it potato chips. It was all the salt that did that gerbil in.

They're salt free.
 
I'd recommend you keep Jeff outside. Tell him there's silver in the field, and let him go for it.
 
I worked for an outfit so many years ago, it must have been in another life. The job was in the southern Sierra Nevada, and they had something like 90 head of horses and mules. Around that outfit there were chipmunks everywhere. When the horses were given their morning grain, they would chew with their mouth open, and some grain would slobber out, and the chipmunks would have a field day around the horses feet, grabbing that grain. The little buggers were also in the bunk house, to the point that in the morning when you were getting dressed, you had to shake your boots before you put them on, to make sure no chipmunk had bedded down in there. Wish I had some around my place now, I love watching the little critters. Neighbors cats would probably get them though. About three miles from my place there are some, but that guy feeds all the critters that want to hang out in his yard. I've never seen any closer to my place than that. Another chipmunk story. That job I had in the Sierra, well, I had a puppy that wasn't very old, perhaps 5 or 6 months. He got to chasing a chipmunk around a large pine tree. They did a half dozen laps, perhaps a couple of more, and the chipmunk reversed directions, and comes flying around the tree, and suddenly the chipmunk and the pup were nose to nose. They skidded to a stop, looked at each other for a second, and then both turned tail and ran in opposite directions. Another cute story. Took this family into the wilderness and dropped them off at a camp site. In that particular location around the camp, there were several fairly good sized stumps. Don't know who cut the trees down or why, there was no road close and no logs laying there, but there were those stumps. The lady in the group decided to wash the trail dust off while we were unpacking the animals. She put the wash basin and a bar of soap on one of the stumps. After washing up, she turned to do something else, and a chipmunk scrambled up onto the stump and decided to see if the soap was good to eat. Mr. Chipmunk did not like the soap, and the little stinker started chattering and chewing that lady out in no uncertain terms, all the while the soap was causing him to foam at the mouth. Yep, you are bringing up some good memories.
 
I don't have too many here. We have squirrels, rabbits, opossums, raccoons, deer, skunks, bobcats, mountain lions, all the cool stuff. There must be some chppies in the woods, but they don't come out to play Too many predators.
 
I worked for an outfit so many years ago, it must have been in another life. The job was in the southern Sierra Nevada, and they had something like 90 head of horses and mules. Around that outfit there were chipmunks everywhere. When the horses were given their morning grain, they would chew with their mouth open, and some grain would slobber out, and the chipmunks would have a field day around the horses feet, grabbing that grain. The little buggers were also in the bunk house, to the point that in the morning when you were getting dressed, you had to shake your boots before you put them on, to make sure no chipmunk had bedded down in there. Wish I had some around my place now, I love watching the little critters. Neighbors cats would probably get them though. About three miles from my place there are some, but that guy feeds all the critters that want to hang out in his yard. I've never seen any closer to my place than that. Another chipmunk story. That job I had in the Sierra, well, I had a puppy that wasn't very old, perhaps 5 or 6 months. He got to chasing a chipmunk around a large pine tree. They did a half dozen laps, perhaps a couple of more, and the chipmunk reversed directions, and comes flying around the tree, and suddenly the chipmunk and the pup were nose to nose. They skidded to a stop, looked at each other for a second, and then both turned tail and ran in opposite directions. Another cute story. Took this family into the wilderness and dropped them off at a camp site. In that particular location around the camp, there were several fairly good sized stumps. Don't know who cut the trees down or why, there was no road close and no logs laying there, but there were those stumps. The lady in the group decided to wash the trail dust off while we were unpacking the animals. She put the wash basin and a bar of soap on one of the stumps. After washing up, she turned to do something else, and a chipmunk scrambled up onto the stump and decided to see if the soap was good to eat. Mr. Chipmunk did not like the soap, and the little stinker started chattering and chewing that lady out in no uncertain terms, all the while the soap was causing him to foam at the mouth. Yep, you are bringing up some good memories.

Too funny! Choked on my coffee!:laughing9:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom