What's new

Got one!!!

Angfreyer

Greenie
Joined
Apr 11, 2017
Messages
17
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got one! Can you tell me anything about it?
 

Attachments

  • 20170429_164935.webp
    20170429_164935.webp
    335 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0
I did! Right after our heavy rains-thought I was going to faint when I bent down to pick it up- what a thrill!!
 
I did! Right after our heavy rains-thought I was going to faint when I bent down to pick it up- what a thrill!!
 
That is a dandy piece. How big is it and where did you find it?
 
Callaway County, MO
It's 4 1/2"
I'm so excited!:blob3:
 
Nice 1st find, congrats
 
Great piece. As a first find, tough to beat! Congrats.
 
Congrats! I've only found two so far, and I remember that feeling on both finds very well.
 
Awesome find, Ang. Next time, please take a picture of it before you lay a hand on it to go with the cleaned up pic. That way, it's like we're there with you when you find 'em. I was thinking Etley. If that's your first one, you're off to a hell of a start!
 
That's awesome! Nice First point Congrats!!
 
Could we see a few more pics of it ... The other side and up close pic of the base
 
Found one (different views)

I borrowed a book, Indian Artifacts of the Midwest, and I've poured over it for hours, but everytime I think I've identified it, I immediately question myself. I also found this brown one-could it be some sort of tool or is it one for my garden?
 

Attachments

  • 20170430_114013.webp
    20170430_114013.webp
    428.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 20170430_114043.webp
    20170430_114043.webp
    678.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 20170430_114031.webp
    20170430_114031.webp
    599.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 20170430_114100.webp
    20170430_114100.webp
    847.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 20170430_113932.webp
    20170430_113932.webp
    862.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20170430_115949.webp
    20170430_115949.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • 20170430_120157.webp
    20170430_120157.webp
    1 MB · Views: 120
  • 20170430_120141.webp
    20170430_120141.webp
    1 MB · Views: 94
  • 20170430_120052.webp
    20170430_120052.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
Brown one is another really nice find deff not one for the garden .... Probably a large knife both are exceptional especially for your first finds
 
Awesome!!! Thank you!
 
The brown one was found in a creek? Looks polished
 
I put vegetable oil on it to make it shiny
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom