Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a local middle school football field on labor Day morning and had quite a productive hunt. Pulled about $5.00 in clad with the majority being Quarters and some Dimes.
Did dig a few pennies and a couple of nickles, but was surely hoping for some jewelry to pop out of the ground. Guess I need to make a few tweaks to the V3i in order to open up some of the Gold range.

Popped out a '55 Wheat and this old advertising badge. Just can't quite make out the name of the restaurant and waiting to talk to an old timer who is up on the local histroy. Hopefully he can shed some light on it.

HH
DJH

Attachments

• The Restaraunt 9-6-2010.jpg
    The Restaraunt 9-6-2010.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 155

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your starting to learn that detector, I talked to a person around here that has one and he loves it. He did say it takes some time on the machine to get used to it. HH

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wingmaster said:
Looks like your starting to learn that detector, I talked to a person around here that has one and he loves it. He did say it takes some time on the machine to get used to it. HH
There were days that I regretted getting rid of the E-Trac, but then I remember having to tweak that somewhat after I got it.

As the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day"

I decided to sit down the one night and make a cherry picking program so to speak and assigned tones to the various coin regions. Quarters, Halves, and Silver Dollars all have the High tone. Dimes, especially the silver ones have a tone just a bit lower than the above. Zinc has a deeper and so on.
I can't remember who's program I used off the Whites site, but I noticed that the 1860 IH I have wouldn't sound off, so I had to open that as well. As I said, some tweaking was done and I felt good about using that setup. At least, I had an enjoyable day with some finds.

DJH

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deolslyfox seems to have lots of time and experience on the V3 and most other white's machines, he seems to really know his stuff. If your not using some of his setups for the V, you might want to check some of his programs for sure. He's on the white's site, you can probably message him so he can point you to some of his setups, he seems like a real helpful and nice person.HH

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wingmaster said:
Deolslyfox seems to have lots of time and experience on the V3 and most other white's machines, he seems to really know his stuff. If your not using some of his setups for the V, you might want to check some of his programs for sure. He's on the white's site, you can probably message him so he can point you to some of his setups, he seems like a real helpful and nice person.HH
Been to the site and have used most of his settings for what I'm running at the present time.
Actually, I took some of Fox and Roberts and used the average of them both and started from there. I was able to run the D2 at RX13 for most of the day with very little EMI even with a couple of transformers nearby.

One thing you gotta remember is that Fox is in Georgia and his soil is completely different that what we have up here around the Great Lakes area. The Georgia red clay is highly mineralized from what I understand. I did run Salt Compensate being that there is some acid ground with the Oaks and such in the park that we hunted over the weekend.

Now that the finds are coming along, all I need to do is tweak this or that.

Thanks for the heads up on the Whites site Wing and HH hunting

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just some info on the IH's I've had them VDI from pulltab to penny range, though most being in the twist cap range 52-55. Don't know if its the minerals in the ground or dry conditions, possibly a combination of the two, I've even thought it could be some setting on edge, never tried waving one over the coil edge wise. HH

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Spent my day digging in Arkansas soil with Charlie Newman and my friend Barbara...then off to a big cookout at the Miners camp.

So far...no diamonds....I'll know more tomorrow as we dug 37 buckets of dier today and got a lot of good gravel to sarucca tomorrow:)

Nice finds DJH!!!!!!

Attachments

• treasurehunting 030.JPG
    treasurehunting 030.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 188
  • treasurehunting 044.JPG
    treasurehunting 044.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 187
OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Vibes for the comment.

Did you see the other post with the Michiana Silver?

Looks like you're having a good time. Be safe :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread