Got some kids involved

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
Cynangyl and I went out for a few hours today and meet a couple kids who came to the school to play. Instead they were digging up the coins we found and caught on fast. We both love getting new people, especially kids, involved. The whole 30 minutes we spent with the kids made our day. and they got to keep the coins. They got 7-pennies
2-nickels
2-quarters
And we got
25-pennies
2-nickels
18-dimes
3-quarters
1-Kennedy 1/2 dollar
I do not have a camera to post what we found, but watching those kids made the day

Upvote 0
what a great thing you did, I love to see kids find coins with detectors it is fulfilling. Congrats on the half, I don't see those at all around here.

txkickergirl said:
what a great thing you did, I love to see kids find coins with detectors it is fulfilling. Congrats on the half, I don't see those at all around here.
Thanks, the boy was very excited and a metal detector was high on his list for wants. I'm sure when we hit that area again those two will be there

Great thing you did, taking time with the kids. We should all take the time to do the same whenever we can.

lol yeah...they were talking about wanting roller blades when they got there...by the time they left they wanted metal detectors.....oh and roller blades too! ;D

drywalldave said:
txkickergirl said:
Thanks, the boy was very excited and a metal detector was high on his list for wants. I'm sure when we hit that area again those two will be there
They're probably there right now ;D Nice Job to the both of you!!!!HH!!!

Awesome Dave and Cyn. WTG guys.

I really enjoy it when the kids (the nice well-mannered ones) come around to get a closer look at what I'm doing at the schools..I made friends with Kyle, who introduced me to his friends Brooke and Devin, and then there's Nicholas at another school..it was a pleasure talking with them and answering their questions. Kyle thought the coil was a magnet and that's why it "picked up" coins..trying to explain how it actually worked was a challenge..

Nice going, I'm sure you made their day and gave them something to remember.

HH,
Nat

Natman said:
I really enjoy it when the kids (the nice well-mannered ones) come around to get a closer look at what I'm doing at the schools..I made friends with Kyle, who introduced me to his friends Brooke and Devin, and then there's Nicholas at another school..it was a pleasure talking with them and answering their questions. Kyle thought the coil was a magnet and that's why it "picked up" coins..trying to explain how it actually worked was a challenge..

Nice going, I'm sure you made their day and gave them something to remember.

HH,
Nat
Thanks It is good to get the kids involved Again their our future

Hum the human side of the hobby!
A post like yours makes my day!
Nat put it very well and I quote "I'm sure you made their day and gave them something to remember."
Good day for all.
2ColoNuts

2ColoNuts said:
Hum the human side of the hobby!
A post like yours makes my day!
Nat put it very well and I quote "I'm sure you made their day and gave them something to remember."
Good day for all.
2ColoNuts
Thanks Whats the going rate for snow got a bunch about 15 miles from here, and more expected

That was really cool, you might have given them a new outlet. You might be competing with them over undug coins in the future...who knows. HH

WTG Dave on your finds and taking time for teaching the kids about MD'ing.
Last summer the same thing happened to myself a few times while detecting last year,when I'm out and there are kids around more than often they will come over to see what i am doing. After a few minutes of explaining they'll want to try it and see if they could find something theirselves...which i have no problems with,and your right about it making your day..just seeing them having fun finding things can make an outing very enjoyable regardless of going home empty handed.

HH
Shawn

wyattrr said:
That was really cool, you might have given them a new outlet. You might be competing with them over undug coins in the future...who knows. HH
I would not mind competing with them. That would be fun

UnEarthed72 said:
WTG Dave on your finds and taking time for teaching the kids about MD'ing.
Last summer the same thing happened to myself a few times while detecting last year,when I'm out and there are kids around more than often they will come over to see what i am doing. After a few minutes of explaining they'll want to try it and see if they could find something theirselves...which i have no problems with,and your right about it making your day..just seeing them having fun finding things can make an outing very enjoyable regardless of going home empty handed.

HH
Shawn
Yea, these two did not want to try the detector, they just wanted to dig, and dig they did

Its alwys great to have well mannered, really intrested kids talk to you! You did a great thing getting them intrested!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back