Got some rev roundness today, and mega juice in the hole.......

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My new relic hunting verbage. NOT! LOL . Sorry ...couldn't resist! :laughing7: Got down to about 5 ft today in my pit. Got 3 more coins. A cut reale and 2 more coppers. What amazes me is I found 2 more small French buttons and 1 is a new regiment for me. :hello2: :blob7: :hello2: Got a small 85 and another small 41. Some more musket balls, a flat button, and a small brass buckle. The 85 has a little rim damage but I'm happy nonetheless. Lots of more broken glass, huge oyster shells, and lots of brick. Got a screen on the way. The temperatures soared today and the mosquitoes and ticks were everywhere. Did see a 4 inch skink on a tree next to the pit but by the time i tried to get a picture of him he was gone. My those lizards move quick. Once when I was hunting in a huge thicket one fell on my hat and went down my shirt. I had no idea what was squirming around on my back! You wouldn't believe how quick I stripped down!! LOL You could have called me the streak! :laughing7: Hope everyone gets their coils over something good! HH Devonrex

Attachments

• IMG_0737.JPG
    IMG_0737.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 911
  • IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0735.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 912
  • IMG_0734.JPG
    IMG_0734.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 920
Upvote 0
Man those are some killer digs. Awesome :headbang:

sweet buttons!

One deep hunt for sure! How much deeper do you think it goes? I love to see green in the hole!

You've got some .69 buck and ball in there. Very nice Civs <shuddering>!

That pit is a once in a life time opportunity! Congrats on some more great finds. Definitely start sifting. I never knew how much I was missing at a western fort site until I sifted and ended up with 35 buttons in a 5ft by 5ft area. The iron will hide much more than you think. Good luck and keep us posted.
-Evan

Looks like you are doing way better than that nameless show! And roundness out here means old driveway gravel in the hole :hello2:

CARM

Wayda keep 'em coming John. You've made a ton of great finds at that site, but it looks like you just might be scratching the surface. Congrats on the latest additions to your collection.

I love the buttons! Nice going. Still haven't come up with a confirmed Rev. war button and I am in the thick of it in Chester County :tongue3:

Brian

Great saves! You will have a magnificent display from that site. You just don't see much Rev War stuff being found these days.

Would be a great American Digger article :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back