What's new

Got some silver today

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
Picked up a bag off a machine that I had been waiting on for a while. I had to top it off because I could not wait any longer for it to fill up.

Had 1-Franklin, 2- 64 Kennedy coins, 8- 40%ers. AND 1954 silver quarter, 1946 silver dime
Also had a 1943 S Australian Florin coin, which is 92.5% silver and yields about 1/3 ounce- much like our 90% halves. Saw online the ones with the S were made in San Francisco to help Australia out during WW2. I have never seen one of these before.

Here is what they look like: http://www.cruzis-coins.com/florins/43s.html

Also got a battery- the kind used for the CMOS system in computers.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
Good bag! :icon_thumleft: I don't remember ever seeing one of those Australian Florins posted here. Nice!
If you got a silver quarter and dime out of the half bag, what might be in the quarter and dime bags?
 
Good finds Jim. Like the Florin.
 
Great bag and bonus finds there jim!!! :hello2: I just bought a 1943 Australian Florin the other day for $6.00 - they have just over a third of an ounce of silver in them so it was a great buy for me but you paying 50 cents for it is a much better deal!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
i think the bags off of the machines is the way to go now. too many people ordering boxes now. get it off of the machine and get it before it gets in the boxes. i think someone in my area has been doing this for months now.
 
excellant score!! American or foreign, if its silver I"ll take it. keep it up and HH.
 
wow!!! awesome bag!!!!!! what were those other silver coins doing in there?!?! amazing!!! keep it up and hh!
 
Gald to see you score Jim :thumbsup:
HH...Miner
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom