hope so, or I may have to get into it

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Waino, and welcome to the Tnet CRH forum! I've been CRH just about 2 months now, and when I started I did very well with dimes and had some luck with halves as well. Since then I have learned that the key to success is perseverance, as you will have "lucky" streaks--such as your beginner's luck--but you'll have skunk streaks, too. Just read some past posts on this forum and you'll see plenty of examples of skunk streaks, which seem in my opinion to be just a little more numerous that lucky ones. (Sarcasm? You decide in about 2 months...) In any case, this forum is full of good advice as well as motivation as many of the members here have been CRH for years, and they are very happy to share their wisdom with those who wish to learn.

In the mean time, keep up the good work and keep posting those great finds!

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Where do you live in NYC? Lower Manhatten? We should stay away from each other

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's nice to get a visit from a lady, but when she brings a friend, it's even better, well done!
hh
buff

OP
OP
W

Waino

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2013
CT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice Bad Wolf, I'm enjoying the find today, but I understand it won't happen like this everyday. I'll be back out tomorrow to pick up a couple rolls from various banks in the city and look for more loose coins that may tellers have, if it goes well you'll hear about it on here haha

OP
OP
W

Waino

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2013
CT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dimes, I live on the Upper West Side, but my work here finishes up next week then I will be going back home to CT.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Hunting, Waino. I am sure the UWS has plenty of goodies for you. When your work finishes up, can you PM me the banks you went to?

occy

Oct 21, 2012
St Aug
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal sword
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You might as well quit now while you are ahead. Can't get much better than that. Congrats!

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice Bad Wolf, I'm enjoying the find today, but I understand it won't happen like this everyday. I'll be back out tomorrow to pick up a couple rolls from various banks in the city and look for more loose coins that may tellers have, if it goes well you'll hear about it on here haha

Truth be told, that was a hell of a good find and good way to start out the hobby, but you will probably never have another find as good as that again. 2 ladies in a teller tray? Holy smokes!

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm in my 3rd month of CRHing. The best I've found in teller trays was a 1964 half and several 40%'s including a 75% full roll of Ag. I had to go through dozens of boxes to find my first Walkers. You knocked it out of the park with that find, congrats!!!!

OP
OP
W

Waino

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2013
CT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys went out again this morning and got some Ikes, a wheatie, and more silver!! Take a look...

View attachment 1967 Half.bmp View attachment 1967 Back.bmp

(1967 Kennedy Halves)

View attachment 1968 Half.bmp View attachment 1968 Back Half.bmp

(1968 Kennedy Halves, the end one is Gold plated)

View attachment 1969 Half.bmp View attachment 1969 Back Half.bmp

(1969 Kennedy Halves)

View attachment Ikes.bmp View attachment Ikes Back.bmp

(5 1971 Ikes, 1 1972 Ike, and 4 1976 Ikes)

View attachment 1951 Wheatie.bmp

(A 1951 Wheatie from my change at lunch) :laughing7:

Not sure what to make of the 1968 gold plated Kennedy Half...also have 2 rolls of nickels and a roll of pennies to open, so we'll see if anything else turns up! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions