Upvote 15

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what does the back look like?, I thought it was the "crossing the Delaware" quarter, I got one yesterday in my change and had to look it up

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are not worth saving. They will make BILLIONS of them. Collect something that have maybe a few hundred to a few thousand made.
Although a roll of them sitting in your lock box at bank wouldn’t hurt either!
Don’t know if the coin is different otherwise…!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But...add in a bunch of other rolls, invest them at 4.75% interest and sit on that for 10 years. A better plan. The market for collectibles is going nowhere it seems. The younger generation doesn't care much about them.

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But...add in a bunch of other rolls, invest them at 4.75% interest and sit on that for 10 years. A better plan. The market for collectibles is going nowhere it seems. The younger generation doesn't care much about them.
No kidding. I'm sitting on 125 old cookie jars purchased off Ebay in the 90s. Is that a bluetooth in George's ear?

OP
OP
jewelerguy

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where can you get 4.75 interest?

WhitesGuy67

Greenie
Jan 3, 2022
The Rotten Apple (NYC)
Detector(s) used
Antique Whites IDX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Modern coins just don't do it for me. I guess when you look at the down grades over the years... like pennies for instance. Pennies don't last a few years anymore down the beaches they corrode quickly now. I love
Abe Lincoln but that coin is not worth minting anymore.

OP
OP
jewelerguy

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Modern coins just don't do it for me. I guess when you look at the down grades over the years... like pennies for instance. Pennies don't last a few years anymore down the beaches they corrode quickly now. I love
Abe Lincoln but that coin is not worth minting anymore.
nope, they don't do anything for me either. I only posted this quarter because I thought there was probably a bunch of members here that might not even be aware of the change in obverse design. Some years back I read an article about how the whole state quarter and presidential dollar program was nothing but a money making scheme by the government. It detailed how the cost of making the coin is greatly offset by it's face value in that when one is pulled from circulation by a 'collector', it results in a net profit of (at that time) 22 cents. I don't remember the profit margin intended for the dollar coins, but that whole program is a failure because the government refuses to quit printing paper dollars and the public refuses to accept and circulate the dollar coins, but they still continue to make them and warehouse them. I could go on and on about modern coins but I think most everyone gets the point. Some like them. Me, not so much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions