bhali333 Greenie Joined Aug 31, 2010 Messages 17 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Sep 2, 2010 #1 Got This Odd "Copper" Dime in a roll today I went through a box of dimes today, I found 1 1953 and this odd 1983P it looks like a penny it has almost no silver just copper and what looks like led. Maybe somebody can tell me what it is. Bruce Upvote 0
Got This Odd "Copper" Dime in a roll today I went through a box of dimes today, I found 1 1953 and this odd 1983P it looks like a penny it has almost no silver just copper and what looks like led. Maybe somebody can tell me what it is. Bruce
H Hi Ho Silver! Hero Member Joined Jan 31, 2010 Messages 907 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Fisher F2 Sep 2, 2010 #2 Re: Got This Odd "Copper" Dime in a roll today A dime outer layer is 75% copper 25% nickel so you may just have one that is worn. The center of a dime is 100% copper.
Re: Got This Odd "Copper" Dime in a roll today A dime outer layer is 75% copper 25% nickel so you may just have one that is worn. The center of a dime is 100% copper.
TxTim Silver Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 2,735 Reaction score 28 Golden Thread 0 Location Texas Detector(s) used DFX & SE Sep 2, 2010 #3 Re: Got This Odd "Copper" Dime in a roll today Probably sat in a wet jar with pennies for a while.
cyberdan Silver Member Joined Dec 12, 2006 Messages 4,599 Reaction score 2,232 Golden Thread 0 Location Very Northern Left Coast Detector(s) used XLT & Bigfoot Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 3, 2010 #4 Re: Got This Odd "Copper" Dime in a roll today TXTim said: Probably sat in a wet jar with pennies for a while. Click to expand... Yep, I tumbled some cents once and a couple of clad were in the batch. All came out looking copper.
Re: Got This Odd "Copper" Dime in a roll today TXTim said: Probably sat in a wet jar with pennies for a while. Click to expand... Yep, I tumbled some cents once and a couple of clad were in the batch. All came out looking copper.