What's new

Got to dig the iron

texjim

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
4,340
Reaction score
2,703
Golden Thread
0
Location
schuylkill county pa.
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it pays to dig the iron signals. I'm still hunting a 1700's log home. The yard is not that big and i can hunt it as much as i want. Now that i have cherry picked most of the solid signals I'm all but left with digging the iron and there is no shortage of it as you can see. While digging up a nail spill out popped a 1919s wheat and a recheck of the hole a 4 leaf clover pin with a swastika symbol in the middle. From what little i have read about the pin, it was considered a good luck pin until Hitler started with his regime. Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1100.webp
    DSCN1100.webp
    63.7 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN1102.webp
    DSCN1102.webp
    51 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 20
true the swastika goes back centuries
 
sheesh you just tricked me, I bet NSA just clicked on me!
 
Nicely done,, a lot of my silver coins that were found this year were masked by iron.
 
Last edited:
Very Cool Finds.

Yes that Iron can be a Pain, But you never know what may be under it.

Keep Diggin !

a serious Magnet may be in order :laughing7:

Got an old Speaker you can tear apart ?
 
I am afraid if i used a magnet i would get stuck or i would look like a pin cushion. :BangHead:
 
Hear - hear. Getting rid of the iron helps get to the good stuff.
 
I am afraid if i used a magnet i would get stuck or i would look like a pin cushion. :BangHead:

Yea Don't put the Magnet in your Back Pocket :laughing7:
 
'4 leaf clover pin with a swastika symbol' - Two symbols of good luck.

On good sites the odd nail is not going to hide a small coin from the Deus, but we like to clear the bigger iron & after years we get all the nails as well for good measure. My best story on why is like yours but includes a Gold coin up against a horse shoe. I could only hear the horse shoe but decided to clear it, glad I did.
 
by the way Your pin is most likely early boy Scouts.
 
I have no clue Jeff. Thanks
 
Good save on the 1919! All that iron is tuff hunting...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom