What's new

GP pinpointer

Mvgirl

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
513
Reaction score
1,523
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone tried the China GP pinpointer? If you did what did you think? It's around $28 dollars.
 
I bought two...as a backup for my Daughter and a loaner for myself. They're ok...not much depth, but they work. My go-to pinpointer is an X-pointer by Deteknix.
 
I have one and I like it. Yeah, it doesn't have the depth some others do but it does a good job for me. I have a pinpoint feature on my detector so depth of pinpointer is not as relevant to me.
 
Have your ever heard the expression "You get what you pay for"...Would suggest the Garrett Pro Pointer AT pinpointer...~ $130.00 USD. Thinking about getting one for my older brother...as he currently has one of the "China" knock-offs...always complaining about it...yada yada yada
 
While I do own a GP Pointer and, in general, find it quite adequate for most of my detecting, it is by no means a top-shelf pinpointer. Mine will occasionally start beeping for the sheer joy of making noise. I've found if I remove and replace the battery (same battery, not new) before using the first time, the spontaneous beeping isn't as problematic.

I took a piece of clear packing tape and covered the sound holes which makes the unit a bit more water resistant ... still not waterproof.

Again, I know there are "better" pinpointers out there and I will likely buy one someday but for now, the GP Pointer does exactly what I need for it to do.
 
Thanks stringtyer ��
 
I wonder if you could do the tape a coin to the side of the pointer trick for more depth with the GP.
 
I got one just to try it out and it is not water proof . But i have my old Garrett black pro pointer and i do not see much difference in my old garrett black pro and the GP pinpointer
 
The only thing on buying one like that is you really have no good warranty on them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom