Grabbed a couple of dimes yesterday

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Well, Watercolor said it was time to get into the woods to pay homage to the mosquito swarms and give a little blood, so we hit an area near a river yesterday. Oh man, what swarms!!! :o I had nothing for about a half of an hour, then I got a good nickel signal that was deep. Out popped a '21 Buff. Cool!

I worked my way over to an area that we had hit before, but as I remembered it had a lot of iron in it so I hadn't spent much time there. Out of the blue and in the middle of a bare spot came a solid deeper dime hit. That turned out to be a '28 Merc in nice shape. How'd we miss that one before?

Merc small.jpg

I continued on in the same area and got a short dime signal. There were two objects next to each other, but the little dime signal persisted and was as deep as the Merc. I was pleased to find that it was an '08 Barber dime! :)

We stayed in the area for a bit, and I got a gold plated heart shaped "cage" half of a locket, and a '27 wheat. By then, it was time to go so I could be ready for another family commitment. While this was a relatively quick hunt, time flew by because the finds were coming in! This brings me up to 39 silvers this year, with only 11 more to go to hit my goal.

Finds small.jpg

Thanks for checking my post out and may you be free from mosquitoes and flush with silver on your next hunt! :wink:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job bud!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are kicking butt in the barber dime dept. Congrats. Did that heart charm ring up like a nickel?

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
ahhhh....so that's what silver looks like at the bottom of a dark hole, almost forgot. Nice pics and Saaaweet finds Neil! :thumbsup:
At the rate you're going, I'll bet 3 nudie tokens that you double your silver goal. :icon_thumright:

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, YOUR REALLY GETTING OUT ALOT AND FINDING ALOT OF SILVER! YOUR CATCHING UP FAST! I THINK YOU NEED A TIMEOUT!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Nice finds, I especially like the dimes. I've got something up my sleeve for the woods this summer (no pun intended), just wait and see. Oh yes. The time is near.

Joe

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Nice job!
Those dimes are awesome!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's really nice when the 'ole standby still keeps producing silver. . . I just know
there's a Seated or two just waiting to be rescued before fall.

Great hunt :thumbsup:

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats CaptnEtracNeil

your kickn some butt

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Love that gold! Sure would be cool to see it intact!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread