What's new

Grammas button

mamabear

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
3,075
Reaction score
869
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Gramma's button

this was one passed down from my Gram. Have had it for years, & re found it last night while going thru them. It says" grand army of the republic" I think. (need new glasses)
 

Attachments

  • grand army of the republic e.webp
    grand army of the republic e.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 256
Re: Gramma's button

Great ID, Rammit.

Here is the "fixed pic".
grand_army_of_the_republic_e.webp
 
Upvote 0
Re: Gramma's button

Thank you Rammit. will chk it out now. & thanks 72, glad someone can fix my boo-boos
 
Upvote 0
Re: Gramma's button

wow! that is an awesome site! I love the fact that Gram had this in her household buttons. I spent hours as a kid in the guest room (where I couldn't dirty her plastic covered furniture) going thru these treasures. & they still bring me hours of entertainment! was gonna say guess I'm a cheap date, but after looking at the prices on that site, I can't say that now!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Gramma's button

Ramitt said:
Grand Army of the Republic 1894 Copper Encampment Button
Scroll down to GAR 11
http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/usveterans.htm

Cool button.
That looks like it. Good ID Ramitt.

This is an 1894 Dated GAR National Encampment Campfire copper encampment lapel button.
This button has the sailor-soldier, woman and child and victory with her sword handshake logo of the GAR on the face.

It measures 5/8 inches in diameter. This is a view of the back, showing the cook pot over a campfire. The interior is marked PAT MAY 22, 1894.

$74.99


Does the back look like this? http://snyderstreasures.com/images/usmilitaria/medals/GAR1894EncampmentButtonCopperR.jpg


Green check Mamabear. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259097.0.html
 
Upvote 0
Re: Gramma's button

the back of this button is plain. well worn tho so who knows
 

Attachments

  • grams button back e.webp
    grams button back e.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 195
Upvote 0
Re: Gramma's button

you guys are amazing! that was fast!! Thank you
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom