We hit the nearby creek for a little look and a swim over the weekend.
Our hunt yielded 1 pull tab, a pair of sun glasses and this silver ring.
It's not old and it is bent but I now have a 6 y.o. treasure hunter, she was absolutely thrilled.
When my oldest daughter was that age (she is 18 now) she was pretending to detect in the back yard with a broken golf club and told me to dig in a certain spot so I did and she "found" the inside workings of one of those old square alarm clocks.
"Congrats" to your grand daughter on her first ring find - you will soon have to buy her a machine - thanks for posting and I wish you & your grand daughter many great finds while out dirt fishin.
Just curious as to why you think the ring (which is very beautiful) is not old? Was it marked 925 or sterling? I believe it's not 100 % rule, but most times sterling denotes it old ( before 1950's old)
Either way, it was great to get her doing it with you, I'm glad she found such a pretty ring, rings are a very exciting thing to find.
Wonderful find for her first trip and sure to inspire her to continue in our hobby. Wonderful way to spend time with grandkids, that is the real treasure and thank you for posting.