What's new

Great article(found on Facebook no less)

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
5,322
Golden Thread
2
Location
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting article on social media.I think Treasurenet can be categorized as social networking too in a manner of speaking. It made me stop and think at least about my own posting habits and in this season of peace on Earth I hope it will cause some of you to pause as well.


I Disagree! | Hugh Howey
 
Last edited:
Deserata-1692.webp
Frank...
 
Last edited:
Thank you for posting that.Everything in that article is so true about society today.Real scary isn't it.
 
All or many of you here, have no idea how much I love and care for you all. Even those of you, that we may disagree on things.

CG, thank you for posting that. It should be required teachings! LOL!! Along with a few other teachings......

Thank you too Frankn for that. Thank you both for a moment, of truly slowing down and taking it in, in the rush and worried world and time of the season.
Bless you all.
 
Wonderful post Frankn. I'm glad those that responded took it for what it was. I know I can come off snaky sometimes and I truly want to tender my words to actually get my message across.I think all too many times it's easy to snap at those you don't agree with and I hope that our political,religious leanings don't completely divide us as humans.
 
Yes, and interesting article. Recently someone posted something I didn't like, and I went on a long rant, then instead of posting it, I hit cancel. A lot of stuff is baiting, and being at the terminal end of my life, I don't need the hassle, especially if I know the author is trolling. There are certain groups and organizations that want to be offended so they can raise Cain, that's their goal in life, to destroy someone that doesn't agree with them, and it can be done via the internet without any danger of loosing their teeth. This has been a surprisingly hard paragraph to write, because I'm continually wanting to go off on a rant, but I haven't, and I'm posting it now before I do. Thanks Coily, it's a good article.
 
thanks,coily and frankn,true words of wisdom
 
Back in the 70s I used to have a poster of this. Its still as beautiful to me as it was 40 years ago. Thanks for the post.
 
Jeffgordon, soul screen , along with that sunscreen!
Thank you Frankn for that post.
If we don't give acknowledgement to the bitter neg comments we deny that person power, they then have no following, no fuel to feed the flames so it doesn't go very far on it's own. Anonymity is another tool they use, no accountability for the havoc they cause, no price to pay.
I learned long ago that the only opinion of me that counts, is my own, and the golden rule goes a long way.
I guess that's what I like about MD'ing, quiet, and time to think.
 
I don't recall the "song" that the sunscreen thing was from? Bueller?
 
There just doesn't seem to be much compassion among the younger generation. They can hurt from a distance. That must be hard on young people. The young people don't realize that after you get to a certain age, things change and you're not defined by what other people think.
In the immortal words of Popeye the sailor, " I yam what I yam"

Dang, it sure is hard to choose the right words, its taking a long time to write a short paragraph and get it right.

Coilygirl, I've never seen any of your posts be anything near snarky.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom