great beach story and one proud father

CAPTIANJACK

Feb 19, 2008
Last week I received a phone call from my father in law. He asked if my 18 year old could borrow my "whites" when he goes with grampa to the beach on the weekend. Figuring the two would have a great time together, I said yes. Well, while beach combing, a gentleman came up and asked if the two could help him. It turns out that he lost his wedding ring (he had recently lost 70lbs) in the sand and was unable to find it. When the two got to his blanket a number of people were involved digging through the sand trying to help. After a short time of searching with the dfx nothing turned up. That's when grampa asked if the gentleman had gone in the water. (the answer was yes) so they moved the search to the edge of the surf. Sure enough a couple of minutes later, the dfx goes off. My son and the nervous man dropped to their knees and started digging. There in 2" of wash up, my 18 year old pops up with it saying, here it is. Talk about one grateful smile. The gentleman than offered my son a reward for his efforts. That's when my son said thanks, but the smile on your face is enough of a reward for me. Sometimes kids just know.

p.s. not bad for a first time out. Time with grampa, a small amount of change, a new bottle cap collection, and a life experience making your family proud. priceless.

Upvote 0
Thats what happens when you raise em right. Fantastic!! :icon_thumright:

Sounds like you've got a really great kid there! :icon_thumright:

Now thats a great story and I for one would be one proud parent as well.. well done..

What do you say to that' hat's off to you your' son' and grampaw as well :notworthy:

Good stuff. That would make a dad proud for sure. :thumbsup:

WTG, High Ten!!!
Five from Red and Five From Chug!!!!

HH Chug and Red!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back