Great Day! Two Silver Halfs in One Hole +++++++

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, I went to check out a Triumph motorcycle chopper today and will probably go back to buy it Monday. After talking about the bike, I asked about any metal detecting sites. He pointed across the road to a old farm house about 100 yards away. I asked who owned it and it ended up being a friend of mine that gave me permission to hunt any of his properties years ago. He is a logger and is always buying, timbering and then selling the land. We walked over to find one of his employees there who said the property was in the middle of being sold, so I got directions to the buyers place. We ended up on a 200 + acre farm over a mile off of the road. The owner was extra nice and even rode us around the farm to show us a late 1700s/ early 1800s cemetery, just uphill of the old mill and mill house site. He also drove us around to several freshly plowed fields including one that looks like a perfect Indian camp site that had just been deep plowed for the first time in 50 years. He gave us permission to hunt any of his land whenever we wanted. The fields were very muddy, so we went back to the house site. Pennies were popping up like candy including several wheats. Then I got a great signal and popped up a 1944 D half dollar about three inches deep. Filled in the hole, swept it again and BEEP. Opened it back up to pick up the 1950 half. What a great day. steve

Attachments

• IMG_2070.JPG
    IMG_2070.JPG
    935.2 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_2072.JPG
    IMG_2072.JPG
    975.8 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 28
Sweet, great looking silvers. bet you check them all from now on before you leave a hole. cograts

Good luck with the triumph. I always liked them. Especially the ones converted to the Cafe Racers. Oh and Congratulations on the silver.

IMG_2048.JPGHere is a picture of the Triumph. a little strange but I should be able to make a good profit.

great silvers!, not bad 2 in one hole!!

What a wonderful day you had there - kinda rare to find two silver halves in on hunt (the latest Banners not withstanding )

Nice going on the halves, what yr is the bike?

Awesome silver! Good deal with both of them being located in the same hole. Thanks for sharing your interesting story with us!

Sluice

Great finds! I've never found a Franklin half in over 23 years of hunting, nevermind 2 halves in one hole! Congrats and good luck when you hit there again!

-- Jeff --

I am long past being able to ride a hardtail framed bike but I can fix a few things and sell it. steve

Sweet, two halfs, niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

It's actually a TR7 engine. This is single carb. Bonneville had dual carbs.

Sweet, it might be hard to top that one, silver halves don't come easy and you pulled two out of one hole!

Steve

:hello2: :occasion18::blob9::occasion18: :hello2: Besides your super find of the 2 silvers today, you've been given permission for fabulous hunts all year in historical land which hasn't been detected before - Wow! I predict you'll be posting many interesting finds all year! Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back