Great Glassware from a Thrift Shop

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the find! Thrift stores, flea markets and garage sales. You never know what treasures are there waiting for you to come along. Sometimes as much fun as treasure hunting!

Huntin' 59er

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Is that the face you made when you spotted it? :D ;D ;D

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, I learn something new everyday but this is great! I'm a garage sale junkie and I would have passed that up even for a buck. Now I'll be scouting for another type of glass. Is there a mark on the bottom to know it's not a repro? I collect jadite and if you don't know your stuff you could fall for all sorts of bum deals. Great find!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Awesome find! You have a good eye! I've recently started looking for collector glass again. My ex MIL use to have an antique store and we always went to auctions and yard sales. I knew a little about the more obvious pieces like Fenton....I hadn't heard of Duncan & Miller until now. I'll definitely keep an eye out now. Glad you did so well with your auction! Keep up the good work!!

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
mlw67

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Thanks Sara and Moon!

As far as telling a piece like this from a repro--I don't think there are any repros of this pattern in blue. I have seen repros in plastic, but not glass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions