What's new

Great story......great find!!!

WolfmoonX

Full Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
204
Reaction score
53
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Hello all,

I know its been a while but I had to give up the hobby for a brief while for personal reasons. I'm back and will be getting out again soon. Hope all is well with you guys/ladies.

I was reading the paper yesterday and there on the third page was this article about gold and silver coins found in the butt of a revolutionary era musket. Here is a link to the same story (couldnt find the link to the one i was reading). Great story.........great find!!

http://www.dnronline.com/news_details.php?AID=7840&CHID=2

Enjoy
 
Upvote 0
Well welcome back! Thanks for sharing the story...that is fascinating!!
 
Just noticed that that story was put out last year. However, the reason why it was in yesterdays paper is because the rifle is being auctioned off here in Jersey in Tinton Falls. www.barronsauctions.com I think beginning bid is at $25,000.00 WOW!! In the paper here, (The Trentonian), it has a picture of the will and the musket.
 
yes sir, a neat story! i love this forum! ben
 
thanks for posting this interesting story!
 
Yeah, I still have the paper at home. Maybe I can scan the picture they have of the rifle and the letter. There were no pitures of the coins though.
 
Interesting story and thanks for the post! HH, Mike
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom