Great Way to End May

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Picked up a box from my regular Bank today and when I was putting it in the car my wife said, "Taped up again," yeah, I saw that too. When I checked for enders, I saw one 1967 and four other reverses that looked like silver, I started hoping for a good box. I found an 81 proof and a 40% in the first roll I openned, while some rolls had nothing, in general it just kept getting better as I went. Some rolls had two or three 40%'s, 1 had 4, 1 had 5, and 1 had 6. When I openned the enders last, one of them had 7 40%'s in it. I ended up with 3 proofs, 76s, 81s, and 85s and 57 40%'s. Even without a single 90%, this was the best box I have ever gotten.

2 - 65
7 - 66
17- 67
18 -68
13 -69

Upvote 0

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those boxes are very fun to open. 5 enders is a good indicator that the box is going to rock. Congrats!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the deal with the taped boxes? I got two taped boxes last week and one produced 11 40%ers, the other one produced one. I figured that someone saw a roll with an ender and replaced it, still leaving other rolls containing non-silver enders

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the deal with the taped boxes? I got two taped boxes last week and one produced 11 40%ers, the other one produced one. I figured that someone saw a roll with an ender and replaced it, still leaving other rolls containing non-silver enders

It is very common for the box to get damaged in transit, or at the bank. It is holding 25 pounds of copper after all lol. The tellers or whomever will tape the box back together. One time, a teller dropped a box on his way from the vault to the teller line. Took them 15 min to locate all the rolls.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time, a teller dropped a box on his way from the vault to the teller line. Took them 15 min to locate all the rolls.

Had that happen once, too. It looked like a Half Dollar Roll yard sale behind the counter.

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I had problems with that bank a few months ago where every box for like two months was openned. A couple of boxes even had rolls where they looked like they had all been openned and then rerolled. I complained nicely to the Bank about it and the Teller talked to the carrier who said there was nothing he could do about it because the trucks were already loaded when he started work in the morning but, then suddenly my boxes started being unopenned again. They have been sealed since until this one today which had a clear packing tape on it. I don't mind them being taped at all if they have that many 40%'s in them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread