Grey-H AND Amt@ck-H

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I am NOW on the worst trip from Elko to St. Paul beyond all trips including: snowy bus breakdown at station put in hotel for 5 hr nap, breakdown after 25 minutes of driving, spent night awake at rural Quickstop, only got breakfast at restaurant free(it took 2 drivers and terminal 8 hrs to actually figure out what to do to get us out of there, ...
Yes, yesterday and today take the cake.
I went to an Amyrack pick up at 2 am for a 3 am train, it was 5 hrs late and I wind and cold burnt skin on my thumbs that look like they are getting infected. But wait..it only got worse. Woman worker decides to go out of her way ignore me when I am trying to load, let's everyone walk all over me so I have to start begging people to give me a minute and let me lift my heavy bags one at a time, she then walks through when I make it to a seat and bitches that I need to stay in only one seat to allow others (in the 40% occupied) seats.. I say nothing and pull my legs in, and miraculously sleep an hr. Then when I get up to use the restroom a handful of people come down to crowd the exit with her because they are going to stop and allow a smoke break. I can't get through, I end up behind her, she starts saying over and over, " The door swings all the way in, you must move." I am literally trapped and have to shove my way out to the stairs and I say, " This woman acts like she hates me and I don't know what I have done." By some kind of miracle shaming her like that made her avoid me for the last two hrs of the trip. * I will abbreviate the GH nightmare. Toilet broke, air freshner coated bathroom, asthma attacks, 5 X, asked Driver to ask them to stop using air chemicals. Out of bus at stop, Woman yells at me in bathroom at stop with 4 witnesses."Blah, Blah, U sorry, shit smell-(voice being raised she came unglued), told Driver(Really nice guy I joked with), he said really, a person has asthma, no sprays. Lady has argument with him, she tsuntd me, plays games, harassrs me again, I tell driver, asking for security to meet bus arrival city(psycho next to me is being much more verbally abusing than she was slipping in before, stopping my talking to driver by yelling 3 seats up so he can't hear me. * no resolution, Denver x cop working to protect station only as guard says, "If you have to end up calling the cops, you should if anything happens if she crazy perfume anger mgt. girl, attempts to hurt me. I was told begging for security fell on deaf ears, none with GH even exist.
I will be thrown out of station at midnight if I stay and try to take next bus, I ended up confronting this anger girl and saying seriously that if she touches me, I WILL call the cops. Second crazy verbal abuser ends up in seat with just aisle between again! I had hyperventilation yelling at anger girl and barely caught my breath and got on SECOND set of nightmare bus(did I say it came out of Las Vegas?), and I was just transferring through...) I am All done with the bussing now. If I can't take small commuter to thing box truck size, to any city to fly out and in, I won't be traveling at all!

I see sick mom in 3 days, keeps going into hospital, and I get to check out St. George, UT on my way back to Elko.
And I can't believe one horror story online is that a man decapitated a man, chopped his head off on a bus! OMG

Last edited:

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I flew right at 1,000,000 miles and likely travelled close to another million by car and train during my career. I never had anything close to your problems on this trip. And I know of no one that has experienced anywhere near your problems. You are the champion.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been on bus trip from hell - 40 hours from Wyoming to Minnesota. There were delays, flooded waiting rooms, empty vending machines and insane people. I have also traveled across country by train. Except for occasional wild children those train rides were relaxing and very enjoyable. Anyone who loves mountain and wilderness scenery needs to take Amtrak from Denver to Salt Lake City. You literally go up and through the mountains.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread