Group Hunt 5/23/10

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
ok kids it's that time to gather and pool the power of the coil in a group hunt this Sunday.

here's the plan:

Sunday May 23rd
9am
Alfonso Watson park South Bend --Western and Chapin streets (ya can't miss it).

By chance if the property is fenced in due to construction here's Plan B:

The old "willow creek school", near jefferson and capital ave, definately existed at some point. According to some historical book that has some stuff about osceola, it showed the school dated from like 189?, was no longer used as a school at some point, then some old guy lived in it as a home til early 1900's

Thanks to rc2125 for that one!

Looking forward to seeing all your smiling faces:)

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count me and Greg in.

Not sure about Tabfinder, as I will have to give him a shout out.

May also have another one to add to the list, but not sure if he will show.

Would be good to get a number of hunters together for the Alfonso Watson Park, as this could very well be the last time anyone ever gets a chance to swing a coil over it.

Hope to meet Rc2125 for the first time.

Until Sunday.

HH

DJH

xGregx

Feb 13, 2008
Elkhart,In
Detector(s) used
-=XP Deus=-At Pro=-
Make sure you specify this is not a clothing optional hunt or DJH will come naked!!

Ohhh i posted :tongue3:

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
xGregx said:
Make sure you specify this is not a clothing optional hunt or DJH will come naked!!

Ohhh i posted :tongue3:

I guess he'd be packing the small coil?

( I couldn't resist!)

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be intested incoming. How would I get there from the Turnpike 80/90. It would be good to see you all in person. Plus what time are you planing on starting....Matt

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
mlayers said:
I would be intested incoming. How would I get there from the Turnpike 80/90. It would be good to see you all in person. Plus what time are you planing on starting....Matt

mlayers take exit 77 (Notre dame exit) and head south (you'll be on 933 or 31 ) it'll fork as you get to downtown South Bend, keep to the right. Take that to Western Ave.- turn right (west) and as soon as you cross Chapin St. the park will be on your left, Alonso Watson park. We'll all meet there even if the park is fenced (due to construction) and take it from there but hopefully we'll be able to hunt it!

If my directions are wrong, will someone please correct them. Thanks.

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
mlayers said:

mlayers take exit 77 (Notre dame exit) and head south (you'll be on 933 or 31 ) it'll fork as you get to downtown South Bend, keep to the right. Take that to Western Ave.- turn right (west) and as soon as you cross Chapin St. the park will be on your left, Alonso Watson park. We'll all meet there even if the park is fenced (due to construction) and take it from there but hopefully we'll be able to hunt it!

If my directions are wrong, will someone please correct them. Thanks.

Your directions look spot on.

Here's a map link that should also be of some helo. Ignore the Thumb Tack mark on it as it will put you to the North of us.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&r...park South Bend, in&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

One of the bigger landmarks to look for will be Covaleski Baseball Stadium.

Hope to see everyone there.

DJH

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
It just dawned on mt that this Sunday is "Bike the Bend" and some roads will be closed to traffic.

Have you ever seen a bike take on a Truck? :laughing7:

One of us will win and make it through the traffic a whole lot better than the other, of course there may be some recourses involved. I think they would still let traffic through the cross streets when bike traffic isn't present. Wouldn't they?

L8r

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggin jimmy hoffa said:

Yep. Seen a big fat harley kick a caravan's butt one time too.

*Did just talk to the bottle diggers over at the park. They heard that the fence contractor will be there monday. After the fence, the trees are to be removed, then the topsoil skimmed off. I haven't seen any locate markings painted anywhere yet, which is good. One of the guys is a SB cop, they'll be there sunday also, let them know bout our shindig.

See ya'll there.

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
rc2125 said:
diggin jimmy hoffa said:

Yep. Seen a big fat harley kick a caravan's butt one time too.

*Did just talk to the bottle diggers over at the park. They heard that the fence contractor will be there monday. After the fence, the trees are to be removed, then the topsoil skimmed off. I haven't seen any locate markings painted anywhere yet, which is good. One of the guys is a SB cop, they'll be there sunday also, let them know bout our shindig.

See ya'll there.

So you did share the hunt w/ bottle digger Gary? Cool.

And jgas too?
jerseydevil is gonna try to make it.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I let them know. Had to ask if they found anymore coins, just the one merc. They, and others, been diggin everyday, almost allday, ...counted 7 vehicles out there the other afternoon.

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
You've got to be kidding me?! ALL those people digging for what ??? not- worth- all -that- much, bottles?

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
Yeah Sunday is usually family day but since Im taking the wife to Seaworld (San Diego) soon, I can pretty much get away with anything right now!
I did a ghetto hunt about a month ago in the rain (Tiger Shark) and drove up to that park and passed...I figured Tori had already cleaned it out...I thought that was the park you "werent allowed at",LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread