Growing Garlic

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep at it Bill, you can always expand the garden. Some vegetables also plant well and are pretty right in among the flowers.

As dougachim says, get into canning. In my opinion the best way to preserve food stuffs. We can many vegetables and fruits along with meats (wild and domestic) and many river and sea foods.

Keep us posted of Your progress Bill.
Mike

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep at it Bill, you can always expand the garden. Some vegetables also plant well and are pretty right in among the flowers.

As dougachim says, get into canning. In my opinion the best way to preserve food stuffs. We can many vegetables and fruits along with meats (wild and domestic) and many river and sea foods.

Keep us posted of Your progress Bill.
Mike
Thank You and to Everyone here for sharing your knowledge and advice...I have so much to learn about canning and vegetable gardens.
Let’s hope we continue to work together

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only raised beds now.. My back surgery wherein they implanted a couple of titanium rods limits the bending a little.

Our garlic is almost ready for harvesting.. once the scapes finish their 'scaping', I will harvest the garlic, remove the scapes, and cut the tops so about 4 inches remain.. Put the bulbs in an onion bag and dry..

I will save some cloves to plant next year.. we only planted large, and strong, garlic this year... It will be fun to harvest them.

The watermelons, cantaloupes, lettuce, etc is all great in the greenhouse

Micheal

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only raised beds now.. My back surgery wherein they implanted a couple of titanium rods limits the bending a little.

Our garlic is almost ready for harvesting.. once the scapes finish their 'scaping', I will harvest the garlic, remove the scapes, and cut the tops so about 4 inches remain.. Put the bulbs in an onion bag and dry..

I will save some cloves to plant next year.. we only planted large, and strong, garlic this year... It will be fun to harvest them.

The watermelons, cantaloupes, lettuce, etc is all great in the greenhouse

Micheal
Micheal. Thank you last year we only got a couple bulbs so this year will be a learning curve for me.so far it’s doing good and it’s the cure and storage part that I have to learn.
Please be careful with your back and glad to hear that your gardening is doing great.
I hope you have the best season ever
Take care
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions