gti1500 users

garrettfan2

Jul 24, 2006
dallas ft worth
got a gti 1500 on memorial day. have about 40 hrs in the field. i am finding that sometimes a c sized target is a coin and some b sized targets are not. am i doing something wrong, or is anyone else finding this? i dont expect perfection from the detector, but if i am doing something wrong, i would like to know it. thanx for any help from anyone. gf2 in tx

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Hi garrettfan, I own a GTI 2500,have had it for about three weeks. Maybe 10 hours with it so far, imaging has been mixed so far. It seems to be good on sizing objects like a watch or non-iron type but rusty iron is a possible problem. I haven't hunted outside of My own property yet, i believe I've found most coins here with a previous MD,so can't give a good example of differences with coins- -only relics. But have found lots more Relics with the 2500 than My other MD.
Another Garrett user suggested to dig all 'B andC" targets. Might not be a bad idea in certain locations. I do think the "halo" effect will affect imaging also.
Good luck & HH

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my GTI 1500 and you aren't doing anything wrong with the B & C images. A lot depends too on the angle they are in the ground and the halo if there is one.

Right now my GTI 1500 is on the fritz. A penny is louder than a quarter and the bell tone is missing when it is turned on. It's also not stable anymore and I can't trust the sounds. Everything checks out ok with batteries, coil, etc. So it needs service and it is only two years old.

Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions