cyberdan
Silver Member
- Joined
- Dec 12, 2006
- Messages
- 4,599
- Reaction score
- 2,232
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Very Northern Left Coast
- Detector(s) used
- XLT & Bigfoot
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Guess I won't be visiting IndyMac any more.
The old IndyMac bank is no more. There was a run on that bank yesterday after the feds took over.
A ten hour wait at one location. (someone got there at opening time monday and won't be able to grab their money till 10-11AM today)
The bank was always Ok for CRHing a few rolls of halves and $50 in cents. Everytime I have been in the local branch there was never more the 1-2 real customers. I always wondeded how it could afford to stay in business. Guess all those home loans paid the rent and wages.
The old IndyMac bank is no more. There was a run on that bank yesterday after the feds took over.
A ten hour wait at one location. (someone got there at opening time monday and won't be able to grab their money till 10-11AM today)
The bank was always Ok for CRHing a few rolls of halves and $50 in cents. Everytime I have been in the local branch there was never more the 1-2 real customers. I always wondeded how it could afford to stay in business. Guess all those home loans paid the rent and wages.
Upvote
0
They have always been great for getting halves here locally. Even without an account. I was going to get an account there but I will wait and see.
I had heard rumors about that and in fact verified it with the manager at one of my banks. She said its best to find a bank with strong financials and not exposed to all the risky mortgage debt and other such things. 






