Guess my request got a official statment from the top at minelab to there dealers this is not good

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Guess my request got a official statment from the top at minelab to there dealers this is not good

If you have a older minelab you are so out of luck. does not sound good. This to me is very poor customer support on there part. 99% of all other manufactures will repair there old detectors.
Do not have parts to fix the old detectors come on seems like if you want a minelab you will have to buy a new one if your breaks.

Attachments

• mine labe will not fix your old detectors.jpg
    mine labe will not fix your old detectors.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 775
  • mine labe will not fix your old detectors.jpg
    mine labe will not fix your old detectors.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 775
Re: Guess my request got a official statment from the top at minelab to there dealers this is not go

Same thing happen to me with my Whites PI surfmaster. It is 25+ years old and I am in need of some headphones for it. they told me that they quit making them so they could not repair it. So I had to buy a different detector....Matt

Re: Guess my request got a official statment from the top at minelab to there dealers this is not go

mlayers said:
Same thing happen to me with my Whites PI surfmaster. It is 25+ years old and I am in need of some headphones for it. they told me that they quit making them so they could not repair it. So I had to buy a different detector....Matt

Headphones they do not make headphones any more. ???

To me it seems pretty logic, they only have so and so many spare pieces as they stop to do a detector, after those pieces are used, well they can't do more. Very logical.

Jason,
The Whites PI surf master had hard-wired headphones, a water proof detector I think?
Maybe I'm all wrong though.

Eu_citzen said:
To me it seems pretty logic, they only have so and so many spare pieces as they stop to do a detector, after those pieces are used, well they can't do more. Very logical.

Jason,
The Whites PI surf master had hard-wired headphones, a water proof detector I think?
Maybe I'm all wrong though.

Pizoelectric headphones ... same as what they use now on the SurfMaster PI dual field.
Still got that Surfmaster PI ... wanta sell it? I can fix it!

Some companies are still making same product they were ten years ago. So new parts are same as old parts. Minelab has made alot of new detectors in the last ten years.

Dear group;
What in the world??? The SD2100v2 supposedly went off off the market just this last JANUARY!!! In fact, some dealers still have the SD2100v2 in stock!!! Also, all prior versions of the SD2100 are internally IDENTICAL!!! This makes NO SENSE AT ALL!!!
Your friend;
LAMAR

lamar said:
Dear group;
What in the world??? The SD2100v2 supposedly went off off the market just this last JANUARY!!! In fact, some dealers still have the SD2100v2 in stock!!! Also, all prior versions of the SD2100 are internally IDENTICAL!!! This makes NO SENSE AT ALL!!!
Your friend;
LAMAR
The SD2100 is the one they do not repair.
You have a SD2100v2. I'm sure they still would repair yours.

Dear vondrewvious;
Yes my friend, I understand this, however all of the SD2100 series detectors are internally identical to each other, therefore it makes no sense to be able to repair only the SD2100v2 and not the original green box SD2100 or the SD2100e, when they all share exactly the same circuit boards.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back