What's new

gun flint?

unclemac

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
8,035
Reaction score
9,232
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
all this talk of gun flints got me thinking....I always supposed this was a broken base to a point but now I am not all that sure. it is nicely flaked all the way around but as you can see it is snapped on two sides...cleanly snapped with no sign of wear after the break. Is this a gun flint?...If so it would have been from a trade gun supplied by HBC or NWC...or even Astor's company...Mouth of the Columbia area.
 

Attachments

  • DSC04841.webp
    DSC04841.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC04847.webp
    DSC04847.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC04853.webp
    DSC04853.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
You can purchase gun flints right now, that look just like that one, from several sources, including Dixie Gun Works. I have several,
and like the English flints the best.

I saw online somebody was making them for $1 each. Dang thats cheap I would think.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom