Gunpowder booby trap in money pit

But the “new data” coming in is proving that nothing was ever there.
Well sorta.
Remember when the Bros were using a 40 ft trencher, and all the side material loosened and fell in? For that matter any time thay dug thay were always very careful?
Now remember when Rick was talking about some report of finding flagstones at the entrance and speculation that it had some religious significance?
Oh.
Flagstones were placed around the edge of the money shaft simply to prevent erosion. The need for this means add a point to the theory that the MP actually existed, and subtract one for religious significance.
Look and think.
PS the main characteristic of coconut fibers is that thay absorb water.
Something to mull on.

Now for the swamp ship.
Remember when thay were pulling up bunches of wood and Drayden noted that thay looked an awful lot like ship's rigging?
You could see it was true.
Tell me the odds of a ship with no masts in the swamp and masts/rigging in the shaft with no ship within 1000? ft of each other and it not being the same ship?
If Rick still has that wood piled somewhere, there is a test to find the age of the ship.
Remember Rick handled a piece about 8 ft long and 12" diameter - it was too heavy to handle alone?
Now remember later in the OI series there was a tree ring dating technique. So cut a slice of the mast piece, get it tested.

Coconut fibers…LOL

Those were debunked many years ago along with the fictional money pit.

Give yourself some time and you will reach the same conclusion that many other have in that the money pit is a long running scam.

P
Coconut fibers…LOL

Give yourself some time and you will reach the same conclusion that many other have in that the money pit is a long running scam.
Coconut fibers - getting off topic, but I'm thinking fish, specifically preserving thereof
Get a keg of clean seawater, throw in coconut fibers. It should draw out the water and make it saltier. Get it salty enough you got a preserving medium.
If you dried out the coconut fibers could you use them again?

And I will put some more time in, thanks.
We will see where it goes.

The last voyage of the swamp ship.
I'm embarrassed here. Because I need a ship to arrive in the swamp fully provisioned, I am going to rationalize how that came to be.
Starts in Britain, a chartered merchant ship carrying ammunition in 1782 for the ongoing colonial conflict.
Arriving NYC after 3 months at sea, Clinton (in charge of city defense) orders that ship be NOT UNLOADED, for two years earlier Washington took the city of York and is nearby and there is not much he C can do to stop him. It would be best that this ammo supply remain mobile rather sit to be captured in a warehouse for Washington to add to his supplies.
So the ship waits at the dock.
In the meantime, provisions are loaded.
Now the attack/retreat. S Ball in Ward's unit pile aboard and off they go.
For reasons earlier stated they end at OI.

So now we've arrived at OI. S Ball 🏀 with the remnants of the Ward unit have some urgent tasks.
1) Take the masts and rigging off the ship, they stick above the trees and can be spotted. They go down the hole first.
2) Build a storage area in MP to receive ammo.
3) Pull provisions and ammo of the ship, store ammo in MP, provisions to winter camp.
(I'll try to track down the reference that there was a stone house on the island).
4) Sink ship.
Questions - did they know there was a hole there before they got to the island?
How long did they stay there before using the ship's one rowboat to ferry everyone to mainland (spring)? Did they trek out of there when it was still winter?
The trail goes cold here (brrr), but there might be some mustering out records in the Halifax area. How/why did everyone keep their mouth shut?
I got some ideas of course.

No I got no ideas.
Now that I have S 🏀 down the hole setting the trap, I may as well have him bury his assumed bag of swag in the wall of the ammo room at the same time.
"Okay everybody out while I set the trap!"
"You got it, Sam!"
Worth noting here that while jewels were dangerous to be carrying, jewelry was a death wish, for jewelry could be identified and traced back to an owner, proving guilt for thievery.
Forgot to mention when filling on the hole, placing the rock marker. I wonder if it was sitting on the wire looped around the floor log. We'll never know.
What's this I am reading about 1740 wood being pulled out of the MP? It makes the swamp ship a 40 year old ship when it ended at OI. Wooden ships are only supposed to last about 30 years before sea worms eat em up.
Is it true? Say it ain't so!!

It occurs to me that there is a bunch of sulfur under the MP island. Fool's gold FeS2, Hydrogen sulfide gas H2S have been found there. Doesn't help with the treasure hunt, but could be another explanation why original mine shaft was dug.
Sulfur would be needed to make black powder.

Coconut fibers…LOL

TruthbeTold:

I'm not convinced "scam" is the correct word, because I don't see who has benefited from all these hunts. I would agree that people search Oak Island because other people previously searched Oak Island.

Yes, it is possible (making that word do some rather heavy lifting right through here) that there is something on or in Oak Island that is worth finding.

However, it is very clear that had the same resources been devoted to other projects, the returns would have been far greater. It's best to fish in a well-stocked pond - not in an ocean that might have one fish in it.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

TruthbeTold:

I'm not convinced "scam" is the correct word, because I don't see who has benefited from all these hunts. I would agree that people search Oak Island because other people previously searched Oak Island.

Yes, it is possible (making that word do some rather heavy lifting right through here) that there is something on or in Oak Island that is worth finding.

However, it is very clear that had the same resources been devoted to other projects, the returns would have been far greater. It's best to fish in a well-stocked pond - not in an ocean that might have one fish in it.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
Anyone who has watched the curse of oak island show over the years knows it is a scam that puts money in the lagina’s pockets.

Anyone who has watched the curse of oak island show over the years knows it is a scam that puts money in the lagina’s pockets.
I don't know that, but it could be I guess.
I do know that if you examine data/records etc with any bias you skew the conclusions. I like my theory so I am understandably curious if anyone can prove it impossible, but I am not married to it.
Since no matter what happens neither of us is going to make a dime off this, I got no problem sharing anything I know, but PLEASE no flame wars.
Be right back.

I don't know that, but it could be I guess.
I do know that if you examine data/records etc with any bias you skew the conclusions. I like my theory so I am understandably curious if anyone can prove it impossible, but I am not married to it.
Since no matter what happens neither of us is going to make a dime off this, I got no problem sharing anything I know, but PLEASE no flame wars.
Be right back.
There is some photos on the Oak Island Factual thread record #902. Can you place your photo of this thread #23, #41 in the Dunfield dig? At least the pickup is the same.
MORE PHOTOS!!!

A couple of things - I hang my head in shame regarding Zena's map. No useful info there.
I like a 40 year old ship making the run to Oi. It fits the narrative better.
Picture a decrepit ship that you could put a knife in the hull and it would sink in to the hilt - not seaworthy, but hasn't sunk yet.
Store ammo in in so you don't blow up the town. Washington arrives, gonna put all you blacks back into slavery. British won't take you to Britain, and probably took all the good ships.
A desperate gamble.

I do not post much comments here on this topic on as treasure legends go. I respect the right of others to post their thoughts on the topic even if I do not agree with them.

Yet I am still amazed at fixation that Oak island generates. If we hooked up all the BS to a power source we would have an endless supply of energy.:laughing7:

All jokes aside Got to hand it to the brothers they know how to flog a dead horse. The great irony is as Treasure legends go, I have never seen such a cult following. Yet in the last decade the Brothers efforts have prove conclusively that nothing was there other than blind optimism.

But as treasure legends go it is a self perpetuating roundabout of the same questions and same speculation hashed up in different packages over and over by different people coming and going. It hard to even take them serious anymore.

The great irony of all that there is treasure stories out there far more grounded in reality. Yet there is zero interest in them by the general public. The money, the time and resources would been better spent elsewhere in perhaps discovering fascinating treasures beyond your wildest dreams.

But Alas It is an ego trip treasure story for those thinking they are one who solves it. Its the only treasure legend that has a term attributed to it? Money pit meaning something on which you keep having to spend a lot of money, especially when it may be a waste of money: We don't want the project to become a money pit.

Crow

But Alas It is an ego trip treasure story for those thinking they are one who solves it. Its the only treasure legend that has a term attributed to it? Money pit meaning something on which you keep having to spend a lot of money, especially when it may be a waste of money: We don't want the project to become a money pit.

They didn't even pick a good money pit...they should've just bought a boat, instead.

boat.jpg

They didn't even pick a good money pit...they should've just bought a boat, instead.

View attachment 2153867
So true. My wife and I ordered a brand new Catalina 34 Mk II in 1999. It was a thing of beauty. At the time we needed a place away, as my in-laws had moved in so we could "take care of them". Bad idea. The sailboat was a great idea. Now we are older, have sold the sailboat, bought a 20 acre "gentleman's farm" and life is good. My John Deer 1025R tractor has the same engine an earlier Pearson 31 sailboat had (Yanmar 3 cyl diesel). No regrets. We could sail when younger but now are more sedentary and life is good. No need for treasure. We have enough.

I do not post much comments here on this topic on as treasure legends go. I respect the right of others to post their thoughts on the topic even if I do not agree with them.

Yet I am still amazed at fixation that Oak island generates. If we hooked up all the BS to a power source we would have an endless supply of energy.:laughing7:

All jokes aside Got to hand it to the brothers they know how to flog a dead horse. The great irony is as Treasure legends go, I have never seen such a cult following. Yet in the last decade the Brothers efforts have prove conclusively that nothing was there other than blind optimism.

But as treasure legends go it is a self perpetuating roundabout of the same questions and same speculation hashed up in different packages over and over by different people coming and going. It hard to even take them serious anymore.

The great irony of all that there is treasure stories out there far more grounded in reality. Yet there is zero interest in them by the general public. The money, the time and resources would been better spent elsewhere in perhaps discovering fascinating treasures beyond your wildest dreams.

Crow

Geez ... What a buzzkill. Lol

But I get you.

Let's face it. We are all all here AMUSING ourselves, so throwing out a new theory to debate seems like fun 😊. If it survives the first go around (no one comes up with ANY reason why THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE...) then the question for the "well seasoned" thread followers will be "how does this theory stack up against all the others?"

At least it's a cheap hobby.

Unlike a boat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back