Guns?

Myth legend

Aug 15, 2016
Lost in space
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Metal Detector, now an At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, when you do find a weapon from detecting around, what do you usually do with it? And what's the most effective solution in handing that?
I believe that I would call local law enforcement to make sure that you haven't uncovered a weapon used in a crime.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of depends on where you live and the laws there.If it,s been buried for a long time and obviously not capable of being fired,I,d keep it and clean it up,again depending on the laws where you live.In fairly good shape,just to be on the safe side,I,d call the applicable law enforcement agency and report it,before I moved it,let them tell me how to proceed. City cops if in town and County Sheriff if out in the boonies. Not likely to solve any crimes,but you don,t want to some day be found holding a gun reported stolen. The tracing of guns by serial number to a given individual is highly over rated.Most times it leads to the original buyer,who likely didn,t commit any crimes and may have had it stolen or sold it to someone else who had it stolen from him.Like wise forensic testing only identifies that a given bullet found at a crime scene came from X weapon,not who was holding the weapon when it was fired.This is all in reference to any weapons found while MDing.If you don,t want any hassle about it simply call the law and report the weapon found and the circumstances,or put the thing back in the ground cover it up well and go on about your business.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the age of the weapon and if it was an operable weapon, if it looked to have been a recent drop I would call police. If it was old and rusted up beyond use, it is scrap metal then or a coversation piece for a wall mount. I have found a weapon that had just been dropped by criminal he tossed it into the wood chips as he ran past the playground I was detecting and the cops were close on his tail and they apprehended him, so I waited until they had him in cuffs then I called an officer over and detected over the spot the gun was and the officer retrieved it.

Aurora009

Feb 19, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before finding a weapon from anywhere just check why you should need a weapon. It will help to identify the best weapon you looking for, Many people only use weapons as safety gear and it helps much to life survival.
The best way to look around before finding anywhere is to take reviews from the real person who operates the weapon easily.

OP
OP
M

Myth legend

Aug 15, 2016
Lost in space
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Metal Detector, now an At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before finding a weapon from anywhere just check why you should need a weapon. It will help to identify the best weapon you looking for, Many people only use weapons as safety gear and it helps much to life survival.
The best way to look around before finding anywhere is to take reviews from the real person who operates the weapon easily.
I personally want to find a Musket, Not to use it or anything, just thought it'd be cool.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And what's the most effective solution in handling that?

I find this is the best solution for handling a gun:

gungrip.jpg

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Get to a range and start shooting. Maybe you'll understand.
I worked for Bo Clercke for a coupla' Years(Google Him)..I'm a Pacifist,And would share the Break Table with him and his Buddys/admireers that dropped by who were down at the NRA Range in New Mexico,We were located not far North(Raton,NM)...I listend to their Crap/Bravado and bit my Tongue. ...stoneshirt.

Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish but I have not found a gun yet. On that note, we have a big coyote problem here on the cape. Up to 5 in a pack sometimes. So when I'm way out in the woods, I take my 9mm Berretta along just in case.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once a War-Dog,always a War-Dog....ARF,arf.

Just trying to understand you.
The picture has nothing to do with war.It illustrates a competitor in the Practical shooting discipline,a world wide organization which you should recognize if indeed you worked for Bo Clerke. Many people who wouldn,t harm a fly participate in competitive shooting at many levels and in many disciplines.If you consider talk among shooters bullshit and bravado you,ll never understand. I don,t understand why a man who proclaims himself a pacifist would work for and associate with Bo Clerke and those around him. Jeff Cooper,another man who you likely would despise,once said that a proper pacifist is one who will fight for his right to be peaceful.I think he was quoting someone else but I can,t remember who.Any way,we who shoot don,t want your approval,we just want you to leave us alone.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked for Bo Clercke for a coupla' Years(Google Him)..I'm a Pacifist,And would share the Break Table with him and his Buddys/admireers that dropped by who were down at the NRA Range in New Mexico,We were located not far North(Raton,NM)...I listend to their Crap/Bravado and bit my Tongue. ...stoneshirt.
I don't care who you've worked for. Irrelevant to the suggestion that you go to a range and start shooting, if you want to understand people who like guns. Sounds like you don't like people who like Bo Clercke instead.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
The picture has nothing to do with war.It illustrates a competitor in the Practical shooting discipline,a world wide organization which you should recognize if indeed you worked for Bo Clerke. Many people who wouldn,t harm a fly participate in competitive shooting at many levels and in many disciplines.If you consider talk among shooters bullshit and bravado you,ll never understand. I don,t understand why a man who proclaims himself a pacifist would work for and associate with Bo Clerke and those around him. Jeff Cooper,another man who you likely would despise,once said that a proper pacifist is one who will fight for his right to be peaceful.I think he was quoting someone else but I can,t remember who.Any way,we who shoot don,t want your approval,we just want you to leave us alone.
OK..................................................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread